Local Talk

Mum and Baby group?

(17 Posts)
Preciousdaisybear Wed 01-Sep-10 22:33:58

Does anyone know of any mum and baby groups in Aberdeen? Need to get out of house as going bonkers! Pref Tues as will only have that day off when return to work (boo hiss).:O

seaturtle Wed 01-Sep-10 22:43:39

Think there's one in Ferryhill Community Centre on Tuesday. I went very briefly to their Thursday sessions. It's called Jumping Jacks.

I know this isn't a Tuesday but I'm assuming you're not back to work yet- but there's an excellent Babies & Toddlers Group at Gilcomston Church on Friday. You have to go in through the second side door of the church. You don't have to go to the church. Most of the friends I've made their haven't. Very friendly and very welcoming.

Preciousdaisybear Wed 01-Sep-10 22:49:05

Thanks, the friday one sounds good and I will try it out. Harrison is already 4 months old and because there were no local antenatal classes and I was too late to join a NCT class I have yet to make contact with any mums with bubbas. Kinda lonely huh...

seaturtle Wed 01-Sep-10 22:57:30

Yes. Didn't think I'd need to go to a baby group but when DS was 1 I realized that most of my friends either work 9 to 5 or are unemployed/part time with no kids and seem to prefer to see me at night when I can get a babysitter! I'm a SAHM so I the daytimes were getting lonely.

We have a few new mums at the moment. It's 10.30 to 12. You get a cup of coffee and cakes, and there's a team of kind and willing church grannies to help with the kids so the mums can relax for a bit.

Preciousdaisybear Fri 03-Sep-10 14:33:02

Picked up message too late for this Friday but will try for next week. Something to look forward to.

Cookie1982 Sat 25-Sep-10 09:57:50

Message deleted

Medee Sun 26-Sep-10 19:22:51

I think the NCT one (bumps and babies) in Queens Cross church is a Wednesday - not been yet as I work.

Medee Sun 26-Sep-10 19:24:11

sorry, it's Thursday. But the toddlers group is a Monday www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/aberdeen/W2T

seaturtle Sun 26-Sep-10 19:30:35

I haven't been to the Monday group but I have friends who say it's great. There's a £1.50 fee and they do arts and crafts.

raffiiscool Sun 26-Sep-10 19:48:30

you need netmums - they should all be listed there..

Preciousdaisybear Tue 28-Sep-10 23:29:35

Good idea raffii, would have thought of that if my brain wasn't mush grin

inhance15 Tue 15-Mar-11 07:11:31

There is a NCT bumps and babies group that runs out out of Queens cross church lounge on Thursday afternoon 2-4pm which is fab.
It is a drop-in group and open to everyone and specifically for bumps and babies up to 1 year, so you can put your baby down without worrying about older children. You also get refreshments and a snack about 3pm. I found it really good for meeting people with a baby around the same age as mine, it is also very supportive as a lot of the people are having the same difficulties and questions as you.

Sapphire1 Mon 21-Mar-11 20:35:29

Hey inhance smile, us gals from the pregnant in aberdeen thread go there too. We've only been going a couple of weeks, wonder if we've seen you??

Sandilj Thu 31-Mar-11 22:12:46

Hi there

Anyone know of an antenatal aqua aerobics in the city?? Or any pregnancy exercise classes??

Hitting blanks everywhere I look !!

Cheers

Sandilj Thu 31-Mar-11 22:13:33

Hi there

Anyone know of an antenatal aqua aerobics in the city?? Or any pregnancy exercise classes??

Hitting blanks everywhere I look !!

Cheers

Sillyness Fri 01-Apr-11 22:54:09

Sandilj,

I have been going to pregnancy yoga at Queens Cross church on Weds by Judy Cameron (google her, she has a website with different class times and places)

Also, her friend is doing pregnancy massage and aqua-natal classes at the beach leisure centre, though dont think they've started yet. Her name is Jean McConville and i'm sure the beach leisure centre would have more details!

nickki01 Mon 07-Jan-13 23:35:22

Hi... just moved back to Aberdeen, stay in Torry.. wordering if anyone could advise me on playgroups,activities etc for my daughter 21mths? In & around Aberdeen or in Torry area would be much apprecited. Need to get out there & discover going a tad crazy indoors....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now