Local Talk

TinyTalk Angus and The Mearns

(1 Post)
logansmummy1 Tue 23-Nov-10 17:02:05

Has your baby been unwell recently and you've thought "if only they could tell me what's wrong!"? Well perhaps they could communicate with you through signing!

At TinyTalk we teach British Sign Language so babies can communicate before they can talk! My classes have only been running for twelve weeks in Laurencekirk and Montrose and I've already handed out loads of first sign certificates! The youngest baby signer signed "milk" at six months swiftly followed by "mummy"!

The story relayed to me most frequently by the mummys is the complete shock from other family members when their baby signs and is able to make themselves understood. Even the most cynical of grandparents now believe!

Each class is one hour long. The first 30 mins is devoted to singing and signing to popular nursery rhymes and action songs. Each week I cover a specific topic such as birds and animals. Throughout the course of one year I teach over 150 BSL signs.

The next 30 mins is toytime for the little ones and a cup of tea, a choccie biscuit and a blether for the grown ups!

Classes are held weekly term time at:

**The Venue, High Street, Laurencekirk 10.30-11.30am Tuesdays
**Borrowfield Community Centre, Newhame Road, Montrose 10-11am Thursdays

So if you want to help your baby communicate before they can talk and have fun call me to book your place Gayna 07946 328267 or email gaynas@tinytalk.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now