Local Talk

Aberdeen anti-natal classes

(6 Posts)
Carferg Mon 09-Jan-12 17:22:38

Can anyone help?? I am due on 3rd April and need to book up some AN classes asap.NHS are constantly engaged or not answering phone and the nearest NCT classes to Aberdeen per the website is Banchory. Surely there must be classes in Aberdeen somewhere!Does anyone know of any alternatives???

Medee Wed 11-Jan-12 13:08:06

Carferg, the NCT ones are run by just two teachers, one of whom is in Banchory for the whole of Aberdeen and Shire, I can't remember where the other is. Unfortunately that is just the pressures of the extensive training and the nature of our area that there is such a dearth of teachers. However, I can really recommend the teacher in Banchory - we did the 6 week course and she was great, very glad we did it. You might be a bit late though as the courses get booked up very quickly, though you could be lucky and get into one of the intensive weekend courses.

I'm not sure how the NHS ones work, when I was pregnant you just turned up, though it was always very busy. I was very glad I had done the NCT classes, though I found the breastfeeding class done by the NHS very good.

Carferg Thu 12-Jan-12 22:05:35

Thanks for that,i will try and find out about the weekend course to save us trailing out to Banchory on week day nights. My husband has just looked over my shoulder and is appalled that the title of my thread was antinatal (against birth) rather than antenatal (before birth). I can't speak latin so how was I to know!?

Medee Thu 12-Jan-12 22:47:42

Hope that helps.

I didn't want to say... Maybe you'll find more if you google the right spelling smile

sandra841 Wed 01-Feb-12 16:57:02

I think here in Aberdeen, there is just the NCT and NHS classes, the other NCT class is at queen's cross church run by a judy cameron.

Hello ladies, I am new here, 17wks gone and live in manofield. anyone wanna be bump buddies

Medee Fri 03-Feb-12 21:50:41

Judy teaches antenatal yoga (and post natal and baby yoga.) She is also a midwife. I did baby yoga and post natal with her, both great classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now