Local Talk

Mum & baby groups/meet ups North Finchley N12

(10 Posts)
chocablock Sun 13-Nov-11 23:02:49

Hi

Does anyone know of any mother and baby groups in the North Finchley/Whetstone/Woodside Pk area? My dd is 7 months old.

Also would any other local Mums like to meet up? I am a sahm and work from home as a private tutor for two afternoons a week but am free most weekdays.

Lorainne

MissPenteuth Tue 22-Nov-11 14:53:46

I used to go to Baby Rhyme Time when DD was younger, at North Finchley library on Wednesday afternoons. She's 20mo so too old now, we go to Toddler Read & Rhyme instead.

I'd be happy to meet for a coffee if you'd like, although I understand if you'd rather meet mums with DCs a similar age to yours.

chocablock Mon 28-Nov-11 12:34:46

Thank you for this - I have just seen your message and will try going to the rhyme time! Would be lovely to meet up sometime. Do you go to the local childrens centre at all? I was wondering what that was like.

MissPentChristmasBudget Tue 06-Dec-11 14:21:27

There was a children's centre in North Finchley library for a short while, but they closed it due to budget cuts. The one at Coppett's Wood is supposed to be good, but I've never been myself. It's a couple of miles away.

chocablock Sat 10-Dec-11 10:14:09

Thanks MissPent (like the name btw) smile

MrsLatcher Mon 12-Dec-11 15:44:36

HI there is an NCT meet up every 2 weeks at Arts Depot which is very friendly indeed. There is one tomorrow morning 10.30am (Tuesday) so do come along if you can as there will hopefully be lots of nice mums. My dd is 10 months smile

chocablock Mon 12-Dec-11 23:27:43

Hi MrsL I might just come to this - thanks!

DruknMonkey Fri 27-Jan-12 09:41:04

YOu should try Baby Sensory. You will meet lots of mums and babies enjoy the activities too

LouTelles Wed 04-Jul-12 01:13:54

Hi LouTelles,

I know an amazing one, its called babysensory classes, its a really good class, has won awards. I went with my son and he loved it. They run on Thursdays in woodside park i think, the lady who runs it now is a midwife I think, I have heard good things about her. You should try it. Its a great way to meet other mums whilst your little one is learning. They have a great babies play area too. Really worth I would say. Try their website www.babysensory.co.uk to double check your nearest class and time.
hope you find something you like.

EsmeMrsP Tue 24-Jul-12 21:25:24

Hi LouTelles, I would be up for meeting for a coffee and going to baby Rhyme Tome. My dd is 19 weeks.

Let me know when you are free and we can arrange something grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now