Local Talk

Barnet primaries - Underhill or Whiting's Hill?

(6 Posts)
Sultanselephant Wed 02-May-12 13:54:40

Anyone got any experience of either? It looks likely that our dd (young for year, quiet, pretty bright, socially still finding her feet) will end up at one of the two. I've heard mixed things about both so am keen to get some insider info on which we should choose for her. Thanks for your help.

smith28 Sun 13-May-12 16:41:33

i am moving to barnet i also need to apply for schools, my dd isborn in september so i wasnt sure if shed get in this yr. when u say young for yr do u mean her age?

IloveDMs Wed 01-Aug-12 22:56:31

Both of mine were at Underhill and loved it. It is a lovely school with great teachers and an enthusiastic head. We were very happy with the school and were sad when they left.

fleetwood Tue 27-Nov-12 22:35:24

My advice to any mum is go and visit the schools. I heard some unfavoufable reports about Underhill Junior school and went to see the school for myself. The head is indeed enthusiastic and two delightful pupils showed us around. It is a great school and doesn't deserve the bad press. If my children turn out like the children at this school I would be more than happy. Definitely happy that my children will be going there from Grasvenor Avenue infants school. You can arrange to visit the school any time and at short notice. They are very accomadating.

jaylong Thu 24-Jan-13 13:09:34

Hi, I have been to underhill as a supply teacher just for a day, and was pleasantly surprised! as I said, only have 1 days experience, but best advice would be to arrange a visit and see for yourself..! Good luck!

Cathy40 Fri 08-Feb-13 10:37:08

My son went to Underhill and I would highly recommend it. Lovely school with a great ethos. Arrange like some of the MN's have said to visit. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now