Local Talk

Advice wanted: Flatshare for childminding?

(2 Posts)
EvaM Fri 17-Aug-12 21:20:23

Hello,

I would ideally like advice from families who have done this or considering.

I am a self-employed German tutor with au pairing experience. Due to some sudden changes in my personal life I really need to downgrade my living costs. One of the things I have considered is renting a room in a family home and offering about 10 hours of childminding (and/or tuition), homework help, help with housework...

As I mentioned above I have worked as an au pair before and enjoyed working with children and staying in a family environment immensely but felt cabin fever coming towards the end.

I feel that an arrangement like this would benefit families with a stay at home parent or excisting child care arrengements in place who would like the flexibility of having 'another pair of hands' in the house.

I have advertised on gumtree already and didn't get the responses I was hoping for.

I am mainly looking for advice on:
-Are there better places to advertise than gumtree?
-How to minimise 'creepy' responses?
-Is it a good idea to add a picture? (I feel that increases the amount of creepy people)
-What would be your expectations of a lodger/babysitter?
-What would be any potential dealbreakers?
-I would be grateful, if you could take a look at my advert and give me some feedback.
www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/babysitting-german-lessons-for-accomoadtion-bi-lingual-female-non-smoker/109175643

Thank you for reading through this and thanks for your help,

Eva

EvaM Fri 17-Aug-12 21:24:09

This is a copy of a thread I put on general MN. (apologies for being slightly cheekythanks)

North London is my preferred area so as well as advice feel free to bring any interested people my way grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now