Backyard Shed

(12 Posts)
flg728 Wed 01-Jun-16 22:49:56

Moving from the US next month and no clue where to buy a backyard shed. Any suggestions on where to look online so I can order now to arrive as our furniture does. Thanks all!

bonzo77 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:47:17

Lawsons. Have a branch in whetstone. Look at their website then call the whetstone branch to organise delivery: they're nice people! The Windows though are very thin glass: not ideal with kids. I bought some Perspex sheets from b&q and the people who erected the shed cut it to size and used it instead of the glass.

flg728 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:32:19

thank you!!

ShaziaV Fri 03-Jun-16 08:00:43

I have a gardener that I've used for years that makes them to measure - may take slightly longer than you need though as it's made from scratch. Let me know if you would like details.

flg728 Fri 03-Jun-16 12:59:34

Shazia, is he expensive? How much do sheds normally cost? Thanks!

ShaziaV Fri 03-Jun-16 16:34:28

It depends to be honest (size, if you want windows and of course where you buy from). You can get them at a home depot type place (B&Q or Homebase), but they're not famous for their quality. See I believe the shed built by the gardener was 9x6 with two windows and was around £500-600. Will see if I can send a photo. Also in my old home I used a shed company that comes with a 10 year guarantee - will dig out details for that too so you have more options.

flg728 Fri 03-Jun-16 17:52:01

thanks for the info! i was thinking slightly smaller with maybe one window. i'll have a look at homebase as well.

BarnetEnfieldEditor Tue 07-Jun-16 22:18:22

We always find Homebase great, too, but you have a few options here, thanks everyone and the best of luck with your move to the UK! flowers

ShaziaV Tue 07-Jun-16 23:21:11

This is the company i used in my old house, very professional with installation etc. We had it for five years (we then moved house) and never needed to treat it and we never had issues with damp/leaks etc

flg728 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:27:28

thank you everyone!

flg728 Sat 09-Jul-16 13:41:59

So we bought the shed at Lawson's, it still has not been delivered but I have high hopes it will be here this week lol. Can anyone recommend someone to assemble it? I also need gardening services. Thanks!

ShaziaV Sat 09-Jul-16 20:07:40

I have a gardener that I've been using for about 6 years now - great service, ideas and job.. has never let me down. Pm me if you're interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now