Recent Barnet Birth Centre Experiences

(6 Posts)
NotSureYet Thu 11-Aug-16 17:31:52

Hi all,

I had my first at the Royal Free, as I worked there at the time, but have chosen to have my second (due in November) at Barnet Birth Centre.

I've heard mixed reviews and can mostly only find quite old reviews online. Can anyone offer or share their recent experience at Barnet and if you'd recommend it?

NotSureYet Thu 11-Aug-16 19:02:31

Runswithsquirrels Thu 11-Aug-16 22:21:58

I had my daughter at Barnet, but it was before everything moved over to the birth centre (three years ago). Good experience, my wishes were well respected and the staff great.

NotSureYet Fri 12-Aug-16 12:00:04

Thanks for that. Hope I get the same experience.

mummySN Wed 21-Sep-16 23:09:42

Hi notsureyet
Out of curiosity why are you choosing somewhere different to RF?
I have the option of self referral to RF versus Watford...can't decide either

NotSureYet Thu 22-Sep-16 08:11:25

We live about a forty five minute drive from Royal Free and I don't fancy doing that drive again in Friday rush hour traffic while in labour.
Also, I couldn't be bothered to travel all the way to Hampstead for midwife appointments and the like. Being registered at Barnet meant I could have my midwife appointments at my local community hospital which falls under Barnet and Chase Farm so it was just a lot more convenient.

Royal Free was a great hospital to give birth at though. Both my husband and I worked there at the time of our first DD's birth, he still does, and we were treated really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now