Local Talk

Well, someone's got to be the first to post..

(10 Posts)
exceptforbunnies Mon 26-Nov-12 12:55:06

How does this work then? grin

I'm in North Finchley, am a SAHM to 2.9yo and 8 week old DDs.

Anyone else around?

Cathy40 Sat 01-Dec-12 13:28:16

Hi exceptforbunnies
I'm in Edgware and 14 weeks (today!!) pregnant and already a mum to a 17year old. I'm a SAHM too since November. Finding it a bit of a struggle as I get really bored lol.

Barnetbiddy Wed 12-Dec-12 14:51:23

Hi exceptforbunnies and Cathy40 - congratulations btw. I'm in Finchley, with twins (nearly 20) one of whom has left home, leaving me feeling a bit empty-nesty...

I chair Age UK Barnet. Cathy40 if you are bored you could try a bit of volunteering wink

Barnetter Sat 05-Jan-13 21:17:11

Hi bunnies and cathy, somehow I didn't spot this before or I'd have been in touch! Congrats to you both. Have you tried the artsdepot Thursday mornings NCT meet up? Its great for bumps and new babies, very friendly and laidback. No in-yer-face breastfeeding etc, just lovely Mel and Lorriane who introduce you to other mums and dads. You just show up at the cafe on Thursday mornings at 11, and gradually loads of other people with babies of various ages come and drink coffee and get chatting, or get spotted by Mel and Lorraine. My DS is nearly one and I still go because it's so friendly and otherwise I get bored. Also, there are a few people looking for an East Finchley Mumsnetters meetup, so if you're up for that I'll set a new date and get one organised. On another tack, NCT volunteering in Barnet is good because they happen to be such a nice bunch.

Barnetter Sat 05-Jan-13 21:24:18

And barnetbiddy, a separate post for you - why don't you put AgeUK on the listings site under community organisations or volunteering opps on this site? Our visitor numbers are steadily climbing and we're getting more content all the time, so you might get some new volunteers. We could even do a thread on volunteering in Barnet borough once our visitor numbers are higher, which might help you recruit. If you're intested, what about coming to the East Finchley meet up for a chat about it? It would be fantistic to steer us off the topics of pureeing and what's a good nursery locally!

exceptforbunnies Tue 08-Jan-13 21:56:03

Hi Barnetter smile I used to go to the NCT coffee mornings at Artsdepot when DD1 was little, might be good to go again with DD2 (13w now). I'd be up for an East Finchley meet up too, if you could let me know when and where that's be great.

Barnetter Sat 19-Jan-13 22:49:35

Hi bunnies, we're thinking about a Friday to fit around work for some of us. I'm just getting my diary out so I can post a date here local.mumsnet.com/barnet/group-meet-ups/east-finchley. I'll start a new thread about it so we can talk about the date.

Barnetter Wed 30-Jan-13 22:08:22

Hi again, just to say we've got the meetup in place for Friday, there's a new thread about it on the main talkboard. We'll be in Barracudas at 10.30 with my little mumsnet flag! Sonia

Yvonne61 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:21:32

Hi, I'm new to mumsnet and was just wondering if anyone knows whether there are any local book clubs around?? I may be in the completely wrong area to ask but thought I'd give it a go! Thanks! Yvonne

AmeliaRH Sun 21-Apr-13 14:47:31

Hi,

I'm expecting my first baby in early June. I'm new to the area and am keen to hear about local groups / hang-outs where I can meet mums and mums-to-be. I see the Arts Depot on a Thurs morning is a good bet. Can anyone suggest anywhere else?

Thanks, Amelia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now