Local Talk

Any new mums in Bath?

(8 Posts)
Amoire26 Tue 07-Jun-11 10:31:02

Hi, I am 9 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first child. I am the first of all my friends and siblings to have a baby so would love to meet other mums to be or new mums in the area? I live in Peasedown but anyone living in Bath who would be interested let me know!

kellestar Tue 05-Jul-11 08:34:12

Amoire congratulations. There is a lovely Bumps, Babes and Tots group in Radstock, at the childrens centre which is next to the library. I have added it into the local directory. Wednesday 10-12noon, though I am often late. DD is 6 months old but went to this group when started mat leave before she was due, it was nice to see other bumps at this group.

Hi, I'm 16 weeks pregnant and this is my first too so know how you feel as I don't know anyone else that is pregnant at all! I'm in Keynsham so not too far away

chocoholicRains Sat 03-Dec-11 21:58:18

Hello ladies, i know your messages were from a few months ago, but i'm a first time mum to be - at 32weeks. I also live in Peasedown like Amoire26, start mat leave soon, so bumps and babies group would be good. Love to meet up!

RebeccaTsarinaMumsnet Sat 03-Dec-11 22:07:56

Welcome chocoholicRains

Hope you are finding your way around ok?
Congratulations on your pregnancy, not too long to go now!
Please feel free to PM you local Tsarinas who will be happy to point you in the right direction for all things ante/post natal.

Best wishes and welcome

RebeccaMumsnet

kellestar Mon 05-Dec-11 18:24:56

Well, if you are in PSJ there is a lovely NCT run one in Radstock on Wednesday 10am to 11.45, runs during half terms and holidays. It's in the Childrens Centre which is next to the Library. I go most weeks and find it relief when things are a bit too much, DD can crawl about and play with the toys and I can chat with the other mums. Cost is £1 donation.

They also have a bumps and babes at The Connies in Timsbury on Monday afternoons, not sure of the times.

Though there are tons more. There is a free guide available in the childrens' centre's that usually lists all the local groups and activities. I've been adding a few to the directory listings on the local page.

Pandera Mon 25-Feb-13 19:16:25

Hi Guys, I know this thread is a bit old but I've just searched for 'Peasedown' and it popped up! We are thinking of moving there (priced out of Bath), would you recommend it? Thanks grin

OoooShiney Tue 26-Feb-13 08:04:13

Well peasedown is just up the road from me. I know a few people with young families/school age children and they seem to like it. They live on the newly built bit, there are still houses being built and the prices are what appealed to them, also being priced out of Bath. It has a few local amenities and some baby/toddler groups run around the village.

Radstock is 5 minutes away and has more shops/activities, you also have Midsomer Norton, another 5 minutes away which has a nice high street, tesco and swimming pool among other things. Both are reasonably priced for commuting to Bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now