Local Talk

Warning if you have booked online with First Great Western since Dec 8th

(2 Posts)
WorstGreatWestern Sun 11-Dec-11 12:22:03

Just a word of warning to anyone who has booked train tickets on the First Great Western Website in the past few days, using a railcard - you have probably been seriously overcharged.

They relaunched their website on Thursday, and since then if you try to book a journey using the form on the home page, even if you input details of your railcard, the prices that come up do not include the railcard discount - but there is no way of telling that unless you know how much the journey should cost.

I told them about the problem on Friday and they still haven't fixed it.

I was booking a trip I have done many times before, so was shock when the tickets came up as double what I was expecting to pay (more than £260 rather than £130 or so). I found that if you use the advanced search option on the website, rather than the main booking form, it comes up with the correct prices, but I presume most people just use the obvious option on the home page.

If you have booked anything with a railcard in the last few days, go back and check the prices using advanced search, or call them instead.

Bladud Wed 14-Nov-12 18:15:41

Thanks for posting this thread, I am due to purchase tickets, accross country with a rail card,so will keep an eye on what they charge me. I usually pay £24 return fare to Colchester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now