Local Talk

Help! Bath Thermae Spa advice needed... please

(6 Posts)
kellestar Sun 24-Jun-12 21:17:47

My sister gets married in 3 weeks and didn't want a hen night but our mum has been causing a lot of stress [toxic relationship] and I want to do something to help her chill out.

She is free Saturday night and finishes work in Newbury at 5.30pm, she needs to be home that night, she lives near Marlborough.

So what I need your advice with is... will it be busy about 7pm? which should be when we get there, I've heard stories about people being turned away. Also is it worth it? Was just going to pay for a 2 hour spa session. Do we really need a robe and slippers? I have a B&NES resident card so can get discount for me.

Alternative suggestions welcome... I am happy to travel closer to her and DH is going to look after DD on his own shock smile. Doesn't even have to be a spa as long as it will cheer her up/chill her out.

Oh lovely mumsnetters please help!

stickyvicky71 Tue 26-Jun-12 18:24:16

Sorry haven't been on a Saturday night so I'm not sure if it will be busy and unfortunately I don't think you can book for a Saturday either. You don't need to hire a robe I normally just take a bath robe and flip flops as this makes it a bit cheaper. Even if you don't go to the spa Bath's still nice for a night out - there are some nice restaurants.... :-)

joshandjamie Tue 26-Jun-12 19:05:56

if you can afford it, I'd go to Luckham Park spa instead - it is luxurious and lovely and not packed to the gills. I found Bath Spa to be like a public swimming bath more than anything

FurCough Tue 26-Jun-12 19:16:29

Or maybe the Clifton Lido if you could travel to Briz? The restaurant is loverly

ipanicked Tue 26-Jun-12 19:24:51

I've never been to Bath in the evening either but I imagine it would be lovely to sit in the rooftop bath looking over the city at night! There's another bit to the spa that you can book (the pump house maybe - I think I made the name up!) cos it only allows a few people in at a time.

If you can afford it, maybe the Vineyard at Newbury? The spa is quite nice but the food was nicer. We took my mum for her 60th but it's a bit eye wateringly expensive..

It does get quite busy on a Saturday evening especially in the summer and as you can't book there is often quite a line. We were given a 45 minute wait time 2 weeks ago at 6.30pm but it was closer to an hour by the time we got in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now