Local Talk

Moving to the area from Hong Kong

(2 Posts)
Woodybarney Tue 14-Aug-12 14:00:47

Hi, I'm moving to the Bath area after living overseas for seven years. I would love advice on which areas of Bath have active communities, are the safest and as a single mum have plenty going on for my soon to be three year old. I'm looking at Bathampton, Batheaston and Bathford so far. I'm alo tempted by Bradford on Avon, Beckington, Monkton Farleigh but worried about being a bit isolated in a village. Also considered Clifton but its a little further than planned. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Wed 15-Aug-12 18:57:56

Any of the three Bs you've listed there would be good. With Bathampton you get the bonus of an easy cycle ride into town via the canal. All three have decent schools, all are safe.

Ex-council houses in all three are probably good buys (relatively inexpensive - for Bath that is). The ones in Batheaston are probably more spacious as they were built in the 1940s.

Villages are nice enough, but I'd feel a bit isolated I think. Bradford on Avon seems like a lovely place to live, so I'd consider that, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now