Local Talk

MN Local Bath Meet up

(33 Posts)
OooShiney Sat 25-Aug-12 19:17:13

Ok... if I was to arrange a MN Bath meet up, would you prefer weekday, evening or weekend?

Was thinking about have a weekday meet up in September one afternoon for coffee/cake somewhere in town with little ones welcome and maybe drinks one evening in October, without little ones.

Would anyone come to one or both?

Niceupthedance Tue 28-Aug-12 15:36:32

I'd come along if I was able to (depending on dates etc).

IAmOptimusPrime Tue 28-Aug-12 15:56:29

Count me in. I work Monday to Wednesday and my children are school age so either is good with me. It would be nice to meet some more people in Bath.

BonkeyMollocks Tue 28-Aug-12 16:00:09

I may be able too, depending on times and days and if I can travel to bath in enough time etc.

Will lurk and see what your plans are! grin

OooShiney Wed 29-Aug-12 19:37:34

How does Tuesday 25th September sound? 2pm or would you prefer earlier for coffee... and where do you recommend for a group of us? It's been a while since I've sat down for coffee in Bath.

Niceupthedance Thu 30-Aug-12 16:52:24

I can do the 25th but won't have DS (may be a good thing as can't get a word in edge ways when he's about).

I'm fairly new in town so not up on best places for coffee etc, soz!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-Aug-12 16:56:14

Oooh how exciting. Can I come?
Although 2pm is tricky as it is around school pick-up time.
Happy to come for drinks in October - keep me posted.

OooShiney Thu 30-Aug-12 20:13:25

earlier is possible, maybe 1pm?

IAmOptimusPrime Thu 30-Aug-12 21:28:00

I can do that day too. Will have a think of places to go in Bath. What are the requirements? Coffee? Cake?!!

OooShiney Fri 31-Aug-12 17:36:07

coffee cake comfy seats for a dozen of us?

ChesterCake Sat 01-Sep-12 23:20:47

I would love to come! Me and DS will be there!

The Tramshed on Walcot street is quite cosy and is child friendly, I'm not that familiar with places farther into town for cake and coffee!

ValiaH Mon 03-Sep-12 13:11:17

I'd like to come to the weekday one in September smile

Niceupthedance Mon 03-Sep-12 17:54:44

I've been in the Tramshed, it's nice and spacious...

OooShiney Thu 06-Sep-12 18:31:13

Sounds Ideal Tramshed link for those [like me] who are a bit pants at Bath locations. On the contact us page there is a map. It's walkable from town, I will p&riding in.

Ooh, can I come too please? smile It's been a year since the last Bath meet-up! shock

Tramshed is a good choice and should be quiet mid-week.

OooShiney Sun 16-Sep-12 16:02:30

YY, just come along even if you just feel like it on the day. No need to let us know in advance. I am planning on having plenty of cake and maybe a little bit of hot chocolate smile I miss the hansel and gretel shop quite a bit.

IAmOptimusPrime Mon 24-Sep-12 16:19:07

Hello, is this still on for tomorrow? 1pm at the tramshed?

Should I carry a red carnation I'm easily identifiable!!

kellestar Mon 24-Sep-12 17:24:41

Yes, shall be there 1pm with a grumpy toddler who only wants to eat cake. So she will be happy wink.

ValiaH Tue 25-Sep-12 08:28:05

I am sadly unable to come as my family are visiting, next time though smile Have a good time!

Won't be able to come along today ladies - just got back from gruelling 1 hour at dentist sad. Have a totally numb lower jaw, currently accessorized with a drooling lopsided leer shock . Would hate to scare the kiddies, so will come along next time. Hope you all have fun!

Niceupthedance Tue 25-Sep-12 19:29:47

Bugger! This dropped off threads I'm on and I forgot sad

Hope I'll get a second chance if you do drinks next month?

OooShiney Wed 26-Sep-12 19:10:54

We shall do drinks in October... what evening works best? Would you want something to munch or are you all about the wine? And where do you recommend?

Last time I went out of an evening we went to the rat and parrot and seeing as most of us were pregnant we each had the pudding selection platter, which had a sample of each pudding and was meant to be a sharer, but was seriously good all by itself.

Niceupthedance Thu 27-Sep-12 14:31:00

Mmmm puddings! But booze is good too. Probably not more than one or two or I might start dancing on the table or falling asleep sad

I don't mind which day, but I will need some notice as I need to mobilise DM for babysitting duties.

TeaMakesItToTheTop Tue 09-Oct-12 19:48:42

Am lurking in the hope to expand my repertoire of nights out in Bath and my social circle beyond the confined of home, work and a handful of Bath lovelies I've met on parenting jaunts grin

OoooShiney Thu 08-Nov-12 12:20:46

OK, my nausea and exhaustion doesn't seem to be passing, so how about another daytime meet up? A light lunch/coffee & cake at the Green Park Brasserie Cafe?

www.greenparkbrasserie.com/cafe/

How does Tuesday 20th or 27th 12-2pm sound?

It'd be good to hear what suits you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now