Local Talk

Help! Bride in desperate need!

(8 Posts)
molefish Fri 31-Aug-12 10:31:47

My good friend was planning to have her handfasting ceremony at Rocks East on 01/06/13, however they have now said that they are no longer catering for this sort of party. She now has no venue, and everywhere we have tried so far has been booked/out of budget.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would be suitable? All that is basically required is a campsite with a toilet block that will let us hire the whole thing for one night. Even if someone just has a field they would be willing to hire to us, that would be amazing.

We are a mature, respectful bunch, many with small children, so it is not going to be a crazy affair.

All ideas greatly welcomed!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Fri 31-Aug-12 12:02:15

Does it have to be local? I know a great one in Wales grin

SheilaWheeler Fri 31-Aug-12 12:09:24

Have you looked on the Camping and Caravanning website? They have most sites listed, along with facilities and phone numbers

molefish Fri 31-Aug-12 13:03:52

slightlysuperiorpeasant - They do want it to be local. unfortunately it is limiting options somewhat!

Sheila - which website do you mean? We've been through most. Thought someone might know of something slightly off the radar.

RebeccaTsarinaMumsnet Fri 31-Aug-12 13:07:38

I have been to a Hand-fasting here lots of campsites around it too if the accommodation is too much?

SheilaWheeler Fri 31-Aug-12 14:13:26

Www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk.

It may not have what you need but it's worth a shot!

IAmOptimusPrime Tue 04-Sep-12 20:37:57

http://www.stowfordmanorfarm.co.uk/camping.php

This place is just outside Bath.

OooShiney Thu 06-Sep-12 18:54:26

Stowford is nice! So is Chalice Well! Very pretty spots.

Chelwood Camp Site this is via keynsham scouts. I have camped here with the Guides and Brownies many times and it's a nice site. Spot for a camp fire, access into some woodland. A toilet block, no showers, but for one [or two nights] it could be good. Rates are reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now