Local Talk

Maternity care

(4 Posts)
MrsPt13 Tue 04-Sep-12 17:01:50

Hi,
I have recently found out I'm expecting my 2nd baby, due sometime in May next year.
With my first I lived in Midsomer Norton, and had all of my antenatal care (and delivery) at Paulton.
We moved into Bath a few years ago, and changed to a local GP surgery. Does that now mean that I will have to have all my antenatal care with the Midwives attached to the surgery? Or can I request to have my care at Paulton?
I've read on the Wilts maternity website that we can have a choice of how to access maternity care, but wasn't sure what exactly this means!
Anyone have any information?
Thanks.

kellestar Thu 06-Sep-12 18:22:12

You can request your care be at Paulton Birthing Centre, as long as you are not considered high risk, that is.

I think at your booking in appt with your GP you can ask to be passed to PBC for MW care.

When I had DD2 I was told I would have to have my MW appointments at the surgery but could deliver at Paulton as long as I remained low risk. With DD2 I was based closer to Chippenham and had surgery based care with a view to deliver at Chippenham.

Sally55 Sat 06-Oct-12 18:15:46

You can chooses to have A/N care anywhere it is the mothers choice if you want it in Paulton you can and if you are low risk can deliver there just chat to the m/w's in Paulton. I am a midwife in Trowbridge Birthing Centre so I should know!!!! GP does not come into the equation!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now