Local Talk

Private Ultrasound

(12 Posts)
kellestar Wed 10-Oct-12 13:25:43

I don't know if anyone can help...

I need to arrange a private nuchal translucency scan for myself and don't know where to go. I know someone who had one recently in the Bath area, but can't get hold of her to ask.

Had and NHS scan yesterday and little one was in the wrong position to scan, they were rather brief and sent me off after seeing LO was in the wrong position, they won't arrange another scan date so I'm seeing if I can sort one out privately.

I thought circle bath or the BMI Bath Clinic offered them, but from there website this no longer looks the case. The only option I can see is clarion health and it's a 4d scan rather than nuchal fold check.

Any advice welcome.

kellestar Wed 10-Oct-12 18:20:38

Any pm lurkers??

If you ring the Bath Clinic they have the number of the lady at the RUH who does them privately in the evenings or we went to the Spire Clinic in Bristol - in at 9.30 for bloods, went for a walk and cuppa, back at 11 for scan and test results. They were brilliant, we saw a consultant for the scan and he explained all our risks and factors. So much better than the RUH where you have to wait 3 days for blood results and final result.

Disappointedbuyer Wed 10-Oct-12 18:40:54

I went to the Nuffield in Bristol.

kellestar Wed 10-Oct-12 18:41:15

Thank you have contacted both and left our number for a call back, by nhs guestimate I'm 13+4 though that's very rough.

If you think you might be 13+4 you need to get it done before 13+6 for any accuracy.

CokeFan Wed 10-Oct-12 18:45:06

I think I went to spire bristol

kellestar Wed 10-Oct-12 19:05:54

I know, called first thing hoped I would have a call later today, but nothing so far.

MrsPt13 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:58:02

Bath Clinic used to offer the service but haven't for many years now. They then were done privately at the RUH but am pretty sure that stopped when they started being done routinely on the NHS for every lady.
I would also suggest Spire in Bristol. Am pretty sure there is no where in Bath that offer it.
I'd be pretty annoyed if it were me and the RUH wouldn't offer another scan!! Have you phoned them and asked for a re-scan? Or called your Midwife?

OooShiney Thu 11-Oct-12 11:34:35

thanks for the ideas. Booked into the spire for tomorrow afternoon. so relieved.

I spoke with my MW the morning, she was as not amused as me. The reasoning is that I had a scan a couple of weeks ago, going by my LMP I was expecting to be 12 weeks and was 9. So they won't offer a rescan as I've already had one. DD was small for dates so MW called and tried to get a new date for a scan and they said no.

QTPie Thu 11-Oct-12 22:31:16

I had my "OSCAR" (nuchal scn and bloods) scan done at the Spire in Bristoland they were excellent - definitely recommend them smile

QTPie Thu 11-Oct-12 22:31:45

(worth the money for the reassurance and care)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now