Local Talk

Ideas for wedding or reception venues in or around Bath?

(6 Posts)
SkillySkally Tue 04-Dec-12 22:17:22

So, me and DP have been talking about getting married for ages. After 10 years together and 2 kids we've decided that it's time that we did something about it.

We're looking at something quite informal and relatively small numbers (there's also likely to be as many children attending as adults).

We haven't been to many weddings in the Bath area so it's hard to know what is available and what might suit us.

I'd be happy with a reception at a nice pub/hall as long as it is child-friendly.

Any suggestions of nice (or quirky or unusual) locations/venues? We want somewhere relaxed and happy where we can just be ourselves without too many formal trappings. Happy to consider somewhere a bit further afield.

I am feeling pretty clueless about it all - I've never had a yearning for a big white traditional wedding - but I would like to mark our day with a celebration that feels special to us.

It would be great to hear of any suggestions or of your own experiences.

Thanks

OoooShiney Wed 05-Dec-12 14:58:08

Priston Mill is a lovely setting and child friendly, good outdoor space and a short drive from bath. It is quite pricey though. I've attended a few wedding's there and they've been really nice.

I am attending a wedding this summer at folly farm which I am quite looking forward to, it's Stowey outside of Bath but again a rural location and it's a small wedding.

This is the list of approved premises according to B&NES might give you some inspiration...

We had a small church wedding and afternoon tea at the village hall, it was small and chilled out and a very nice day.

AbigailsRevenge Wed 05-Dec-12 15:02:46

I would recommend Kilver Court in Shepton Mallet.

A beautiful setting and the staff really couldn't be more helpful. And their house champers is lovely!

SkillySkally Wed 05-Dec-12 20:29:45

Many thanks, I'll start googling!

HannahBannanah Wed 12-Dec-12 16:25:56

Hi SkillySkally,

I have two suggestions of country hotels that I'd happily recommend to you, the first being Homewood Park Hotel just on the outskirts of Bath: www.homewoodpark.co.uk/weddings/

And the second being Bishopstrow House Hotel in Warminster: www.bishopstrow.co.uk/weddings/

I know you suggest that you'd like something low-key but I can guarantee the staff are fantastic and will make your day magical. I have visited both hotels and they have a range of rooms from small to large and grander, that will suit any type of wedding.

Hope this helps!

HannahBannanah Wed 12-Dec-12 16:26:20

Hi SkillySkally,

I have two suggestions of country hotels that I'd happily recommend to you, the first being Homewood Park Hotel just on the outskirts of Bath: www.homewoodpark.co.uk/weddings/

And the second being Bishopstrow House Hotel in Warminster: www.bishopstrow.co.uk/weddings/

I know you suggest that you'd like something low-key but I can guarantee the staff are fantastic and will make your day magical. I have visited both hotels and they have a range of rooms from small to large and grander, that will suit any type of wedding.

Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now