Local Talk

Moving from Brighton to Bath

(5 Posts)
issie02 Wed 20-Feb-13 11:32:49

We are making the move from Brighton to Bath - my DD 4yrs is excited but DD 11yrs is so upset sad as loves her school and life in Brighton; we are really hoping that she will find the change positive. We are planning for her to go the Royal High as she is currently at a GDST. Any info on the school and what life is like in Brighton would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

saltycaramel Wed 20-Feb-13 22:32:20

Hi, I am the local Editor, I have twitted your question. I hope you will get some replies soon. Bath is a lovely city to live in and I am sure your daughter will enjoy it once she has made a few friends. Good luck!

TeaGinCakeBliss Thu 21-Feb-13 08:33:10

I don't know much about Royal High other than my pal's daughter goes to Royal High and she loves it. They really help the girls settle in, she moved there at Y10.

Now about life in Bath.

It's great. I moved out from London - took me a bit of time to get used to the pace of life but people are friendly, there are lots of people who are moving in from the south-east, there is lots to do from very active sports clubs for teenagers (the university has a number of national teams based there) through to evening activities such as a cinema, theatre, places to eat out which a lot of teenage girls use (I have boys).

The town is safe - kids commute across town to their secondary schools early evening. And whilst we're out west there is a cool, young fresh feel to the town. It is perhaps a little more "polished" than Brighton in the town centre as it isn't a seaside town boo, shame but you have in some of the outlaying communities, e.g. Larkhall, Weston thriving local, artistic communities.

issie02 Thu 21-Feb-13 12:41:28

thanks for your reply TeaGinCakeBliss - some great info! We have chosen Bath as it seems to offer the positives of Brighton but without the seriously high crime rates and drug issues and to be honest we will miss the sea but the reality is a beach of pebbles, rubbish and drunks. We love Brighton (lived here for 20yrs) it such a tolerant City with lots going on BUT very few parents would dare to let their children walk to school or go to local park, as it does have a very dark side! I think it's so important for kids to have some freedom, rather than being ferried from place to place by their parents. We are all very excited about the move.

brightonmermaid Thu 07-Nov-13 07:41:41

Hello - we also might be making the move from Brighton to Bath and I'm very interested to know how you have found it, issie02?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now