Local Talk

Bath Meet-up June/July

(23 Posts)
OoooShiney Mon 22-Apr-13 07:43:29

Okedokes, this baby is way too comfy and I'm fed up of not planning things, I am writing off May as new baby with a toddler hell.

So, how does everyone feel about a June or July meet-up? Was actually hoping to do two... one daytime and child friendly and one evening adults only.

Would that be acceptable to you?

What dates would be good? And where do you recommend to meet?

Is Alice park better for those with children as the cafe, I have heard, is quite good and I could do with some decent cake grin but I have no idea about the play equipment.

Any thoughts appreciated, will then put dates up in the meet-ups section.

purplebadger Mon 22-Apr-13 07:51:29

I may be up for a daytime meet with children. I'm around 40 minutes from Bath, but I know nobody around here so it would be brilliant to speak to people who aren't under 5 or DH for once.

My only "problem" might be fitting around school hours - with a 40 minute drive each way I wouldn't be around for very long and might be a bit stressed about getting back. If it's a day DH works from home he may be able to get DS1 though.

So I'm a tentative maybe, plus a 1y/o.

OoooShiney Mon 22-Apr-13 10:26:04

Purplebadger I come into Bath from Paulton (which is near Radstock) I know a few other MNetters come in from the surrounding area to meet ups. I'd like to get a regular meet-up set, but not sure where everyone would prefer... We have some lovely farm shops/cafes with play areas around Bath as well, like Woody's (out on the Bath/Frome road) or Farringtons (Midsomer norton/Bristol road) would welcome suggestions to meet in places like that too!

OoooShiney Mon 22-Apr-13 10:26:04

Purplebadger I come into Bath from Paulton (which is near Radstock) I know a few other MNetters come in from the surrounding area to meet ups. I'd like to get a regular meet-up set, but not sure where everyone would prefer... We have some lovely farm shops/cafes with play areas around Bath as well, like Woody's (out on the Bath/Frome road) or Farringtons (Midsomer norton/Bristol road) would welcome suggestions to meet in places like that too!

tinypumpkin Wed 24-Apr-13 09:57:04

Oooh, I would be interested too if that was okay. Bizarrely I am also from Paulton smile

purplebadger Wed 24-Apr-13 10:12:43

Woody's would be brilliant for me, as I'm only 15 mins max from there! (plus their cakes are bloody lovely)

OoooShiney Sat 11-May-13 16:33:07

Ahhh! The sweet sounds of a newborn sleeping... He is now two weeks old and I am ready to face the world again now that no-one is harassing me as to when the baby will arrive smile

So how do we feel about Woody's Farm Shop for a meet-up? They are based just on the outskirts of Norton St Philip. I've found it an easy shop to spot, they have a great cafe and a outdoor play area if it's nice or not

What day of the week works for everyone? Friday lunchtime any good? I was going to go with after whitsun half term, maybe the 7th or 14th of June?

Once I have a rough idea if anyone can come, I will post it on the meet-up thingy and it will send a reminder out to everyone as time creeps closer.

kungfupannda Thu 16-May-13 18:17:54

Congratulations! Hope you're getting some sleep.

I can only do Tuesdays or Thursdays unfortunately.

Woodys is good, as is the one at Farrington Gurney. I also discovered today that there is a very, very nice, child-friendly tea-room just round the corner from Timsbury Park, which is nice and enclosed for bolting toddlers.

bumble777 Fri 17-May-13 01:28:24

Hi im from Paulton too, my children are at school now but currently pregnant due 7th of July :-) would br interested in meeting up to x

tinypumpkin Fri 17-May-13 12:58:05

It is going to be tricky I think as always! Friday pms I can do and Tues pms at the moment. Woodys, Farrington or Connies (is that what you mean) are good. Play areas do help!

tinypumpkin Fri 17-May-13 12:58:20

Congratulations Shiney btw smile

OoooShiney Mon 27-May-13 19:15:22

I seem to wait for this thread to drop of my watch list before updating it.

Okay how about farringtons then, Friday afternoon 14th June...

2pm? For cake and coffee? Will update on the meet-ups page.

Hope to see some of you there!

tinypumpkin Mon 27-May-13 21:38:21

Sounds good. Pretty sure I can make that, will check the calendar smile

bumble777 Fri 07-Jun-13 09:15:22

Ahh nevermind. I cant make that Friday as it is an inset day for Paulton school so will have my boys. I only have 4 wks left to go but if you meet before then hopefully I can make it. smile

OoooShiney Fri 07-Jun-13 16:31:39

Bumble you are welcome to bring them smile

tinypumpkin Fri 07-Jun-13 21:34:34

I can make that. Is anyone else coming along too? I have to pick up DD2 from the local preschool at 3.30 though.

bumble777 Sun 09-Jun-13 08:18:26

Thank you but I think they would get a bit bored , I know they do have some little toys at the Farm shop but my twins are over 8 now :-) l will try and come next time though. Shiney do you know if Paulton still has a postnatal group on a wednesday morning at the hall next to where the old library was? Also have you found or heard of any other local groups for mums with newborns? Thanks

bumble777 Sun 09-Jun-13 11:19:08

Hi Shiney, sorry didnt see you had replied on my other thread about groups :-) . Ive said on there whenever I checked it it said no replies, so just went to bump it up and then your reply showed up. Thanks for all that info, do you know about that wednesday postnatal group in Paulton though? It was a really nice group on from 10 til 12pm. x

OoooShiney Wed 12-Jun-13 18:03:46

that's okay bumble. I shall take me two with me, much smaller and easily distracted for an hour or two smile

I am in much need of cake on Friday, the weather suggests a hot chocolate may be in order, rather than iced tea smile

bumble with regard to the postnatal group, I think it now meets at the children's centre in paulton on Wednesday mornings, it runs at the same time as the HV drop in clinic. I've never gone to many groups in Paulton as they all seemed to have much older children than DD, at the time and was a bit too chaotic.

OoooShiney Fri 14-Jun-13 13:14:01

Getting the little minions ready. Looking forward to meeting a few of you soon.

tinypumpkin Fri 14-Jun-13 13:29:36

Hoping to make it shiney. DD3 is currently napping. Will come along but may be a bit late for this reason.

bumble777 Fri 14-Jun-13 17:47:05

Thanks for the info Shiney I will see what hv says after baby is here and see what groups are about. I know the postnatal group at Welsley hall was only for babies under 6mth olds. Childrens centre is right near the boys school so will have a look at the website. Hope you all had a lovely meet up. Ive just seen on the Farringtons fb page they they have BOGOF on cream teas in June for Mon, Tues & Wed :-)

bumble777 Thu 25-Jul-13 20:58:02

Hi all, well baby boy has finally arrived, 8 days over but popped out day before planned c section. Big boys on summer hols now but from Sept onwards we will be up for any get togethers :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now