Local Talk

Private anomaly scan

(11 Posts)
Pixietails Tue 30-Apr-13 11:54:09

Anyone have any recommendations for places that do private anomaly scans? Willing to travel but didnt really want to go all the way into London.
Not sure there is anywhere in Bath.

QTPieToo Tue 30-Apr-13 12:36:50

I used these - http://www.bristolpregnancyscans.co.uk/index.html - for both an early scan and a 12 week Oscar/Nuchal scan and was very happy with them.

OoooShiney Wed 01-May-13 13:50:52

Also used the Spire for an OSCAR, the, results are quick and no long wait.

pinksky Wed 01-May-13 18:06:54

I used Bristol Pregnancy Scans for an early scan (went to the Spire) - it is the closest and they do the OSCAR. Nuchal testing (fold measurment and bloods) is now standard in NHS scans so is done as part of your NHS dating scan--I had this done at the RUH last month.

Pixietails Wed 01-May-13 19:31:25

Thank you for the replies.
I've had the nuchal screening, last month at the RUH, but although the results were low risk they weren't as low as I was expecting and so am looking to book a private 20 week anomaly scan to try and put my mind at rest!
Have emailed bristol pregnancy scans but not had a reply - will give them a call.

pinksky Thu 02-May-13 07:20:16

Hope all is well, Pixietails, and the scan gives you all the reassurance you need. I guess we must be due at a similar time (I'm Oct 21st)?

QTPieToo Thu 02-May-13 08:13:07

Hi

I am sorry for your stress at this time.

Can I ask your risk level and age?

What are you looking from from a private 20 week scan? reassurance regarding the anomalies that can be picked up from a Nuchal scan? It might be worth checking that they can give you this with just a scan (and without an amnio/cvs).

Best wishes

TeaGinCakeBliss Thu 02-May-13 09:59:40

Sorry Pixie to hear you're worried. I hope you get the reassurance from the scan.

I'd recommend the Spire Clinic in Bristol (Clifton) as a lovely place to go - they dealt very sensitively with me when they detected a 14w MC and were lovely when I was concerned with a later pregnancy.

Pixietails Thu 02-May-13 21:18:21

Hi Pinksky - yes due at around the same time, I'm due the 19th! Is this your first?

QTPieToo - Not really sure what I'm looking for from a private anomaly scan - I just want to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy and hope that by having a private scan they will have some extra time to give a more detailed scan. The risk level wasn't high enough for me to consider an amnio.

Thanks for all the recommendations re: Spire. Will give them a call.

QTPieToo Fri 03-May-13 09:37:20

Good luck Pixietails. The Spire is very good and nice too. I hope that you get some good reassurance to help enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I can recommend getting a 4D scan (at about 28 weeks) and a growth/positioning scan (at about 36 weeks) if you have the spare cash. The latter sounds odd, but DS was breech and this was only picked up at a scan and not by the MW (who thought that he was head down): without the extra (private) scan, I wouldn't have been booked for a calm ELCS - if things had remained undiagnosed, could have been a rather different birth...

pinksky Sun 05-May-13 19:12:10

Yep Pixietails it is my first! Nice to find someone local who is due at the same time smile I hope you're doing ok and you get reassurance soon. They may only be able to do bloods at this point? Not long til your next NHS scan, so I hope that goes really well too.

I'm going to have a growth scan at 32ish weeks as QTPieToo says to try and spot any issues like a missed breech. I'll probably go with ultrasound direct for this though (Clifton location) as they have a good choice of packages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now