Local Talk

Crochet and Knitting

(3 Posts)
OoooShiney Thu 08-Nov-12 12:38:12

I am a completely self taught knitter and crocheter even though my whole family knit/crochet, My mum is a speedy knitter and never had the patience and my mother in law manages to knit well but she?s all cak-handed and gets me really confused and both Gran?s can?t really remember what they are doing half way through, which is funny but not helpful.

So I got myself settled down with a number of books from the library and the laptop pointing at youtube. I taught myself crochet and knitting at my speed. I've now been knitting and crocheting for a few years now.

I've recently started passing my knowledge on to friends who have asked for help and thought I'd throw it out to the mumsnet local's as well.

Welcome to meet for a coffee and offer some help getting started or if you are stuck on something give me a shout.

I am currently knitting for my 23 month old DD and DC2 due in April.

saltycaramel Tue 20-Nov-12 16:00:43

I have been thinking of knitting but I think I lack talent for any craft.... or maybe it is patience.

I have 'knitting for dummies' and a pair of brand new knitting needles... I guess that's a start!

Let's chat at the meeting on 27th.

OoooShiney Tue 03-Dec-13 09:50:28

I've started an NCT Crafty Mummies evening which runs the first Tuesday of every month, at the moment this is at my house (Paulton) but I am sorting out a venue to meet elsewhere. It's mainly to get some peace and quiet to work on your current projects and chat about your craft, whether that be Knitting, Crochet, Sewing or whatever else you enjoy. I shall also be able to help anyone stuck or needing some help. Send me a PM if you want to come along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now