Local Talk

Moving to Bedford with a 5 and 1 year old...

(3 Posts)
Kingofthecastle Fri 08-Mar-13 12:36:47

Hi... We are in the process of moving to Bedford. I will have a son at school and another at nursery. We are looking at Lavenders Day Nursery on Bushmead for the little one and Putnoe/Goldington Green/Renhold and Moggerhanger schools for the one at school - if anyone has any pointers (schools chosen on where there is availability in reception. Trying to avoid prep school fees at this early stage if possible).
We'll be in the Castle Area so I am also looking for any good stay and play sessions/toddler worlds/groups etc (more wine club than book club) if anyone has any recommendations.
Also about any sport/pools etc. I know Bedford Blues have mini rugby and there is a local tennis league in Russell Park and the pyramid is a pool but that is about it! Thanks.

vlc19377 Sun 28-Apr-13 12:55:03

Hi

If you are in the Castle area, you should also consider Hazeldene and The Hills Lower Schools - both excellent. There are play sessions at St Andrews Church (Kimbolton Road - walking distance) on Monday mornings called Noah's Ark.

V x

musictots Mon 27-May-13 18:40:01

Hi,
Robinson pool has a creche for little ones. There is a baby pool and a large pool. A gym and lots of classes for adults and children. It is situated in Bedford park that is really lovely, with a lake and tennis courts. Five mins drive from Castle rd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now