Local Talk

moving to bedfordshire

(10 Posts)
sarahP68 Tue 30-Sep-08 20:46:27

I will be moving from London to bedfordshire in Nov/Dec with my partner and our 3 young children. We have been looking at Ampthill, does anyone have any comments on what it's like living there or nearby villages?
Thanks
Sarah

modernart Tue 30-Sep-08 20:51:46

We used to live there, it's lovely. North Beds villages are good too. The best comp schools in the county are Redborne Upper in Ampthill and Sharnbrook Upper in north Beds. With 3 DCs I would try to live in the catchment area of one of them. Welcome to Beds smile

sarahP68 Fri 10-Oct-08 16:44:37

many thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

labebete Sun 19-Oct-08 20:45:43

I live in the area - it's very nice although a culture shock after London! We made the same move a few years ago. Very different pace of life and tbh did take us a while to get used to that. It is brilliant for children though, lots of green spaces, parks, walks, good links into London, friendly people etc etc

AnneliM Mon 08-Jun-09 23:30:09

We're moving too in July but don't know where to start looking to live permanently or what's on for toddlers in the area. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Whyisitsodifficult Sat 11-Jun-11 21:39:56

Hi I live in Ampthill and have two small children. Its a lovely little town with all the facilities you could want. No need to get in the car for doctors, dentist, nice independent shops and Waitrose!! Also Ampthill park with a great play ground area and beautiful views and walks, I really can't fault it only house prices are high than neighbouring villages but thats because its so nice to live here!! Good luck

deinaro Sat 30-Jul-11 23:15:13

have moved to bedford from london last christmas just when i had the baby. was lovely but difficult. keep the mind open, go to all the playgroups and get friendly with your neighbours

snare Mon 01-Aug-11 16:27:46

We are quite new to the area but are living in the renhold area and finding that the kids love it here. The other mums are friendly and Renhold lower is good.

grace72 Thu 11-Aug-11 21:45:50

hi i moved from watford to flitwick in may this year,finding it hard no friends or family here, as everyone is still in watford, kids love it, people are really friendly if anyone would like to meet up my kids are 7 and 4

macaron8743 Tue 06-Mar-12 11:13:39

I will be moving to Barton-le-Cley in August with my daughter.
My daughter was born in Swindon and stayed only two months.It will be overwhelming experience for my daughter and me to start all again. I would loved to have some good friends aged 11 or 12. It was a hard decision as my husband will stay behind for his work . Hoping to find some good company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now