Local Talk

Which hospital in Belfast is best for birth

(8 Posts)
doryw Fri 16-Jul-10 16:51:39

Hi there

I am going to be having my baby in Belfast in August and would like to hear experiences of the different hospitals.

I'm having to transfer quite late in the day from London because of practical circumstances.

If things go safely I want to try a waterbirth and have as little intervention as possible. Does anyone know where I can find stats on intervention or get any general advice?

Thank you!

doryw Fri 16-Jul-10 16:52:57

And does anyone have experience of Daisy Hill in Craigavon?

TennisFan Fri 16-Jul-10 17:01:16

Daisy Hill hospital is in Newry

the hospital in Craigavon is good, my friend had all her DC there.

I had DD at Royal Maternity in Belfast which is part of the RVH hospital group. I had a great experience - elective CS

Have also heard good reports about the Ulster Hospital, which is just a few miles from belfast city centre.

All would have the facilties you want (dont know about the newry/daisy hill one)

jellyhelly Fri 30-Jul-10 21:43:59

Hello
Hope everything is going well!
Had both my boys in the Ulster hospital, both times really good experiences- lovely new building with really nice facilities and water birthing if everything is going ok for you.
Are you going to be in Newry or Belfast? not sure but I think you may have to register with a doctor who will then refer you to a hospital- Daisy Hill is 40miles from Belfast.....smile

KarenElm Tue 10-Aug-10 21:36:48

I had my baby at the Ulster. I had a water birth in the home from home unit. It was a very positive experience and the staff and facilities were excellent.

Lynders Fri 20-May-11 15:06:16

Mater in Belfast was great for me, lovely staff and very suportive.

cankles Fri 27-May-11 18:33:38

Royal Victoria Hospital for ds2 and dd3; Good luck x

clappyhands Tue 21-Jun-11 07:29:15

this post is a year old - i wonder where she went and how baby is!
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now