Local Talk

Childcare

(17 Posts)
01Lins Tue 01-Feb-11 21:25:22

I am looking for full time childcare from May 2011 - It seems I have left it a bit late eke, I never thought the lead times for nurseries would be so long. Any recommendations would be greatly welcomed I am open to nurseries or a child minder. I am looking for something in the Ormeau Ravenhill area of the city.

carfid Wed 02-Mar-11 14:32:09

I am also eager to learn more about childcare options and recommendations from other mums living in Belfast. I am moving from London to South Belfast in June with my partner (from Belfast) and our two children (3 years and 7 months). My daughter has an offer of a pre-school nursery place here in London for Sept (applied in case we didn't move!) but I missed the boat in applying for a place in Belfast. Any recomemmendations for private pre-school nurseries even would be much appreciated. Indeed any information or signposting to play groups etc would be appreciated too. Thanks

WipsGlitter Mon 07-Mar-11 12:58:04

Hi, if you go to www.early-years.org or employers for childcare website they both have searchable lists of childcare providers. I live in south Belfast and in Ormeau Ravenhill, I know there is KidsKorner daycare and Park Playgroup. KidsKorner is a business so you have to pay, Park will have free places for three year olds, but might have all their places allocated. There is also Bumbles daycare, which some of my friends have used and really liked, and there there is BusyBees and another one on Annadale Avenue.

Carifid not sure where in south Belfast you will be, if you want to PM me I can give you a better idea of groups.

topsyturner Mon 07-Mar-11 16:10:30

Hi Carfid
If I can be of any use to you feel free to message me .
I am a Londoner living in Belfast (since 1994).
I have 2 children , live in South East Belfast , and I am a registered childminder . (no vacancies at present but would be happy to give you some reccomendations)

Topsy x

legalbunny Sun 02-Oct-11 10:16:37

Hi there, I moved from london to Dublin a few months ago and am now moving to Belfast next week to work in BT1. The job only came up last week, so I need to urgently find childcare for my 10 month old, who is a little toddler. I can probably get my partners family to help in the short term, but really need to find an excellent nursery for him. The quality of the nursery is far more important than the cost. Any recommendations would be really welcome.

Tee2072 Sun 02-Oct-11 12:17:21

My son attends Wee Care in South Belfast and loves it. They have several locations through out Belfast. And when my son started last year there was no waiting list.

lorna16 Mon 03-Oct-11 22:02:32

Can anyone help? I'm looking for a childminder in the Four Winds area.

I return to work at the end of November and I'm looking for someone to look after my two girls - who will be 10 months and two years at that stage. Initially I'm looking for 3 full days but this will increase to 4 or 5 days next March.

smiler120 Thu 13-Oct-11 22:35:06

legal bunny...were will u live? I am a childminder in nrth belfast (bt14). If i can b of any help pm me or call 07812379961

Hi guys, I came online tonight as our lovely childminder (who is NICMA registered and an Early Years lecturer) will have some vacancies in the next month due to a family she looks after moving on from Belfast. Judith takes such great care of our 19 mth old son Charlie for two days a week, is absolutely lovely and cannot recommend her enough. She is based in south east Belfast and her number is 07921542804 or you can PM me if you want a reference. We have used other childminders and a private nursery in south Belfast for our other son who is now in P1 but we have been happiest with Judith's whole approach by far.

DorasHouse Wed 25-Apr-12 19:13:49

Hi I'm a childminder in South Belfast with current vacancies, if you'd like to look me up you can go to www.dorashouse.co.uk, thanks!

DorasHouse Wed 25-Apr-12 19:15:41

Hi I'm a childminder in South Belfast with current vacancies, if you'd like to look me up you can go to www.dorashouse.co.uk, thanks!

maccie2 Mon 07-May-12 17:01:06

i need a childminder in BT4 for my happy, healthy 3 and half year old girl starting July. I work 8 till 4 so need a 0730 start. Also would need drop off and pick up from McCarthur nursery from Sept. Any takers?!

RuthieBurns1 Wed 13-Jun-12 15:19:34

I am looking for a childminder to look after 2 kids, 5 and 3 in their own home (BT6 near Forestside) including school pick-ups (so must have own car) from 1.30pm to 6pm, Mon-Fri. If you are interested or you know anyone who is, please put a comment/reply below. Thanks.

nannyrachel Mon 24-Sep-12 11:07:26

hello my name is rachel and i am a nanny looking for a new job due to redundancy. I live in east belfast have a full clean drivers licence and hold a diploma in early years, i have previous experience of working in a leading day nursery and also my five years as a private nanny. I have also recently updated my peadiatric first aid. I hope to hear from you soon.

Trustworthy Fri 18-Oct-13 18:12:51

HI,
Iv been child minding for ten years
Im registered ,living in East Belfast BT5

I have places available, for mornings and fulltime If you would like to discuss your childcare needs, please feel free to contact me @07761758090,

littlepiggys123 Thu 02-Jan-14 21:00:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

EmilyandBen Wed 09-Jul-14 12:21:12

Hi! I'm moving to Belfast at the end of October and am looking for a childminder or nursery for my 1 1/2 year old son - does anyone know of anyone? We will be in South Belfast.
Emily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now