Local Talk

Price for a room in Johnston House at the Royal

(6 Posts)
joymaker Wed 28-Dec-11 15:18:28

Hi I've heard that there are ensuite rooms available privately as an alternative to staying on the postnatal ward. Does anyone know what the current rate is per night?

Thanks

TeeTsarina Tue 10-Jan-12 15:51:57

I had my son 2.7 years ago but I am trying to remember for you...um...I think around £100 a night.

WipsGlitter Tue 10-Jan-12 15:56:02

There are side rooms on the normal wards, shared bathroom. I think about £100. On Johnson House ward there are some with en-suite and some with shared bathrooms. It is MILES nicer than the ward. You cant pre book, but let your midwife know in advance you want a room and then the minute you get there in labour remind them!!

joymaker Wed 15-Feb-12 10:47:07

Tee and Wips thanks for your replies . I've since had appointments with a midwife and consultant from the Royal who now inform me that at present they don't privately hire rooms in JH . Due to the number of births, they are apparently now having to use these rooms for women who have had CS.

Who knows what the situation will be come mid July (when my baby is due). Lets just say I haven't heard the best things about the normal ward sad

lynnehan51 Wed 15-Feb-12 13:05:02

I had a baby in May 2011 in the royal, i have previously booked rooms in Johnston House with my other babies, being on the ward for 2 days was a real eye opener, you cant sleep with girls phones going off and tv's on, you may be able to request a side room on normal wards worth a try, but when i was in all wards where full and cs mums where on the wards as well, im hoping that when/if i have another baby jh is open again, i also didnt like the fact that during meal times you have to leave your baba unattended and eat in dining room with all the mums, i have never eaten so fast in my life. i love the royal and would never consider another hospital but i feel they need to address these issues

joymaker Thu 16-Feb-12 21:50:13

Hi lynnehan, you recount a lot of the things that I have heard others say although the policy for meal times, that, I have never heard before sad gosh...

I had my first baby at Lagan Valley in the end by CS (so can't go back to have DC2 there now that it is a midwife led unit), things seem so different at the Royal to the way they operate there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now