Local Talk

All right, what's it going to take?

(19 Posts)
Tee2072a Fri 01-Mar-13 13:33:12

I know you people are visiting, I can see the page views on my little report!

So, why don't you post something? Talk to me. Talk to each other.

People are going to talk if I keep talking to myself!!!

PLEASE?!?!?! grin

debbiemeep Fri 01-Mar-13 17:15:23

Lol! How did the twitter chat go? I'm still trying to get the hang of twitter.

Tee2072a Fri 01-Mar-13 17:25:18

It was really fun, Debbie. It's every week so come on by!

Tee2072a Sun 03-Mar-13 11:56:38

Seriously, people. Your all from NI...I know you aren't shy!!!!

Tee2072a Sun 03-Mar-13 12:53:45

You could at least come and point out I should have said 'you're all' instead of 'your'...

justupthebend Sun 03-Mar-13 19:18:10

grin I have a nosy on the local pages every few days but haven't posted since the "new launch". For different reasons, I don't like the layout, it's cumbersome, too many topics ( which is quite funny when you think about the reactions on the main boards if you suggest adding new topics). I also am wary about being recognised tbh. It is a very small place, I like anonymity, it's why I use MN. I know an awful lot of work went into developing the local boards but am not sure a one size fits all idea suits.

Tee2072a Sun 03-Mar-13 19:44:37

Hi!

Well, since you can have a totally different name for here versus the 'regular' boards, I'm not sure anonymity is such an issue. You aren't required to go to meet ups or anything, but perhaps you have some local knowledge that might help someone!

Thank you for the feedback, though, I'll pass it up the 'chain of command'.

grin

missuspieman Mon 11-Mar-13 14:37:50

Hello Tee, I also get a bit wary of being recognised, not that I actually know that many people in NI what with being a foreigner and all that.

On the one hand I feel desperate to meet new people and on the other I feel like mumsnet is a safe haven where I come across people on my wavelength which I feel like I don't so much in RL.

In general though I lurk on MN a lot more than I post as I'm generally feeding a baby as I read and my fingers are too big for my iPhone keypad blush

Tee2072a Thu 14-Mar-13 10:07:30

Hi Missuspieman

Sorry I've not seen this sooner. It's been a crazy week!

I do understand that some have a fear of being 'outed' but you don't have to come to a meet up or anything, as I said above. Just come chat here on our board, show people who might list and advertise that we're out here.

The more people post and chat the more places will be willing to add listings, the more listings, the better a resource for all of us!

jordanstownmum Thu 21-Mar-13 12:44:27

Hi Tee i just got organised to be local ambassador for north belfast. could use all the hints u can throw mY way. plan to postlots of info etc this weekend.

Tee2072a Thu 21-Mar-13 17:32:32

Fantastic jordanstownmum! Maybe we can meet after the Easter Break? I have A Small Boy™ more or less to myself all next week and then my mom is here the week after, so maybe after that?

And feel free to start organizing a meet up at any time. grin

jordanstownmum Thu 21-Mar-13 18:01:07

great idea Tee. have been up to my eyes untill now so im free after easter well freeish lol. will keep and touch and arrange something soon.

Tee2072a Thu 21-Mar-13 18:12:14

Excellent. I have, somewhere, an 'official' LA card to give you. grin

jordanstownmum Fri 22-Mar-13 07:12:55

i think i got one through the post. im feeling very important now lol. i may even get a mug and name badge..........a step to far maybe? [hmmm]

Tee2072a Fri 22-Mar-13 10:25:53

Don't lose your head. grin

TotallyLovesCake Sat 23-Mar-13 21:09:13

Greetings!

Just set up my 'local' name, is different to my MN name so I can hide behind a cloak of the unknown >evil chuckle<

Even though I've met Tee on 3 of the previous MN meet ups, so I guess I'm not unknown really.

Ahem.

I'd be up for another meet-up, or a bit of a natter with local people. Good to read that Jordanstownmum is LA for North Belfast, I'm in Glengormley so that will be handy for me to read about.

Hope everyone is well?

Any craic?

jordanstownmum Sun 24-Mar-13 07:09:50

Great to hear Totallylovescake! maybr i can rely on you to support our first local meet up! im looking for a venue to start. will get info uo this week. hopefully the snow will do one by then!

TotallyLovesCake Sun 24-Mar-13 07:23:39

Yes, you can PM me if you want, would love to help.

I cannot wait for the snow to bog off! Glengormley is the highest place on earth and always gets the snow. It's drifted higher than my car wheels and my cat has to jump over a snow pile higher than herself to get out the back door each day.

Tee2072a Mon 25-Mar-13 12:59:12

jordanstownmum if you do find a venue, let me know. I'll be happy to put on my LE hat and ring them and see if we can get a discount for a cake or something if we have a regular meet up there.

Hi TotallyLovesCake! I'm intrigue as to whom you are... PM me? grin

I'll also try to make the N Belfast meet up, of course, depending on when and where. Son goes to preschool in the morning and I've got a short window of opportunity. And, as I said, my mom gets here Saturday! EEK THE HOUSE IS A PIT!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now