recommendations for Holywood

(3 Posts)
Kakisugar Wed 13-Jul-16 13:54:54

As I mentioned in an earlier post I am moving to Holywood in the coming months and was wondering if there are areas/streets I should avoid renting in. I do not drive currently so that may be a factor as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, are there any good parks with children's play areas (six years old)? Is the beach accessible for walks, etc ?
Thanks everyone.

moreCyclingMoreCake Thu 14-Jul-16 09:20:07

Hi, Seapark is lovely. It's a playpark down by the beach. There's a train station that's a shortish walk from it along the coastal path that runs from Holywood to Bangor.

I remember your last thread and it would be a different (I mean Translink not school buses) bus route for each school, Rockport would be the Bangor bus and Campbell would be two buses I think or one with a fair walk at the end.

In your shoes I'd look at the bus routes for the school you've chosen and look for somewhere along the route.

I suppose it's the same anywhere that areas with large amounts of council housing are less desirable generally. There are a couple of council areas in Holywood as far as I know, but driving though then they look nice and well kept, no idea what it would be like to live there tbh.

belfastsmile Thu 14-Jul-16 20:40:14

My sister lives in Holywood, and it all seems fairly nice. They're more the Cultra end rather than the Belfast end, but I've a friend in the estate at the Belfast end and it seems ok. The beach is nice and there's a promenade too. Town centre is nice, with lots of independent shops.

Campbell may well run a school bus from Holywood; I'm not sure. You could probably email them to ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now