Local Talk

Are you Separated & Seeking Support?

(3 Posts)
ProudSingleMama Tue 09-Apr-13 22:40:23

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to start a support group for people who are separated/ separating/ going through legal proceedings to arrange custody of children/ contact.

My idea is to meet people on here & then hopefully go for coffee & chats in real time together to try & help each other make sense of some of the difficulties & legal shenanigans and maybe have a laugh about it all while we're at it!

Hope to hear from some of you!

Tee2072a Thu 11-Apr-13 10:52:36

Hi ProudSingleMama

I'm the Local Editor for Belfast and I'm so happy to see that you've jumped right in! I Tweeted a link to this discussion and I will put it on our Facebook page so hopefully you'll get some responses.

Not a group I need, but glad to do what I can to help!

Tee

Cookiesmum2 Fri 07-Jun-13 13:26:22

Hi ProudSingleMama
I have recently set up a group for single parents and have put the word out in as many places as I can and although I am getting a lot of "views" no one actually responds! I think that what you are trying to achieve is a wonderful idea and can only be a very positive thing. I received some feedback from the admin on another site who says that perhaps people may be little shy of being a single parent or may be going through the breavement of a breakup but the fact that people are viewing shows that there is some sort of interest and that is a good thing! I wish you well with your group too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now