Local Talk

maidenhead?

(19 Posts)
OutOutLetItAllOut Fri 03-Sep-10 12:33:36

hi, are there any maidenhead mummys around?

PPP30 Wed 13-Oct-10 18:51:04

Hi,
I'm not from Maidenhead but will be moving here next Thursday. I have a 5 month old and a 3 year old. Maybe we can catch up sometime.

OutOutLetItAllOut Thu 14-Oct-10 08:28:52

hello!
i also have a 3 yr old, so when you are here and feel up to it, send me a message!
where abouts are you moving to?

PPP30 Sun 17-Oct-10 21:16:43

I'm moving to Marlborough road, near Budgens, if you know where that is, my knowledge of Maidenhead is not great. Is your 3 year old a boy or a girl? Mine is a boy called Aidan. Does yours go to nursery? If you fancy, write to me at pgarciaperez@hotmail.com It would be lovely to catch up once I'm there. Only a few days now!!!
Priscila

OutOutLetItAllOut Tue 19-Oct-10 08:21:55

hi, i will email you later today, mine is a boy aswell, he is in nursery in the mornings!
chat later!

MumsinMaidenhead Fri 03-Feb-12 15:52:59

Please both feel free to add me on Facebook, my name is Suzanne Hamid, I have a 10 month old little boy called Zain, I have started a group on facebook called Maidenhead mums, would be lovely for you to join!

all the best

Suzanne

laimama Fri 02-Mar-12 11:37:10

Hi I have a 6-week old called Holly. I live off Westborough Road and would like to meet up with other mums in the area too.
Suzanne, can't seem to find 'Maidenhead mums' group on Facebook?

laimama Fri 02-Mar-12 12:26:48

Found it under 'page'.

LazyGirlFOFF Sat 17-Nov-12 17:12:28

Hi all, I'm on the main MN forums too

I am a 30 y/o SAHM of two, dd age 5 and ds age 4, both at Boyn Hill School.
Live with my dp of 13 years
Not from here originally, we moved here 5 years back from Kent. As yet, I've not sorted out a circle of mates, have been preoccupied with my ds who is a 28 weeker, with some health issues. However, he's soon to be full time at school!

Am very bored so currently spend my free time running 4 websites!

BerkshireMel Sun 18-Nov-12 13:02:50

Hi ladies - MN local editor for Berkshire here. Thanks for talking and hope you like our shiny new site. As you are talking about meeting up I wondered whether one (or all!) of you would like to become a local ambassador for the Maidenhead area? This would just involve organising occasional meet-ups for other local MNers. You would get your own page on our site (see the tab at the top of the page - Meet-Ups) and we are also working on getting incentives for ambassadors such as money off in local cafes, restaurants and attractions as and when we can negotiate these with local advertisers or other businesses. You also get a special Ambassador card which you can use yourself to negotiate special treats (such as your own coffee free when you organise a meet-up in a cafe or similar). Let me know if you're interested.

I've liked your Maidenhead mums page on fb - please do the same for us so we can keep you updated with local events, news and deals!

LazyGirlFOFF Sun 18-Nov-12 13:36:28

Hi Mel, I'd be interested in doing that. I've helped organise blogging events before so happy to do that with MN help too smile

BerkshireMel Sun 18-Nov-12 13:52:49

Oooh great - whereabouts in Maidenhead are you?

LazyGirlFOFF Sun 18-Nov-12 15:15:40

Near the Train station

BerkshireMel Sun 18-Nov-12 16:00:58

Fairly central then - you'll be my first ambassador smile so I need to check with HQ how to get you up and running - will be in touch. and thanks for pioneering! x

BerkshireMel Mon 19-Nov-12 10:48:09

Hi Lazy girl - if you could let me know your email address (the one that's assigned to your mn account) i can set you up on the meet-ups page as the local ambassador and you can start organising get togethers - hooray! i'll then email you separately to get your address so i can send your card etc...

ps the maidenhead meet-ups page currently looks like it has an ambassador attached to it but this was just a training exercise at mn hq so can be ignored smile

ohmothermaidenheadi Mon 19-Nov-12 21:16:27

hey, im a maidenhead mum too. not a born and bred variety, so i dont know many folks.
is there a maidenehad meet planned?

BerkshireMel Tue 20-Nov-12 09:48:59

Hi there - no meet planned yet. have a volunteer ambassador but not yet set up -- watch this space!

mamanate Tue 12-Feb-13 20:47:12

Hello Ladies, I live in Holyport and have a 7 month old. I was hoping to go back to work part-time in July but my the have said no. I don't want to go back full time so I wll be staying home for a while now and I need to find some mothers around. I'm not on facebook so please add me to your meeting.

BerkshireMel Tue 19-Feb-13 15:03:13

Hi Mamanate - we don't have a local ambassador for maidenhead yet but hope someone will volunteer soon....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now