Local Talk

What is Twyford, Berkshire like?

(5 Posts)
Murphy34 Fri 15-Feb-13 11:05:01

I currently live in North London and we are looking to move, possibly to Berkshire. I wanted to know what Twyford is like. It appears to be quite easy to get into London and from what I can see on Streetview it looks OK but does anyone know it well? Also what is childcare like there as I cannot see any nurseries that are open from 7.30am til 6.30pm? And what are the schools like in the area? Any info would be appreciated!

morenoodles Thu 28-Feb-13 17:23:08

I live in Twyford, I used to live in West london, I'm originally from Twyford btw, anyway when I found out I was pregnant we (I'm married) moved back to the area, renting a house until we found one we could afford to buy.

I work in London and commute everyday to Knightsbridge, when the trains are on time they area amazing, I'm out of the house at 7:30am and don't usually get home until 7pm, mu husband is the same. I'm lucky to have my family in Twyford who all help out with looking after my son smile

Twyford has a very good rep for schools and there are few really good nurseries in the local area, if you go on the Wokingham Borough Council website you can request a whole load of info.

Hope that helps a bit!

ascotoldbird Mon 04-Mar-13 14:49:04

My sister lives in Twyford, I think its a nice place, plenty of local restaurants, there are the water meadows for walks, and its close to loads of places. Easy commute into London.
Beautiful countryside all around, easy travel into Reading for bigger shops etc.

Sorry no advice on childcare as her boys are 24

Beanoak Mon 04-Mar-13 19:43:02

I like Twyford, but I doubt you will find any nurseries around here open 7.30 - 6.30; 8-6 is very much the norm. But you may well find a childminder who does those hours. If you look on the council website (Wokingham) under Family Information Service there is a search facility and a lot of the childminders give their opening hours.

Murphy34 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:10:15

Hi Guys, apologies for not acknowledging your responses. I hadn't checked for a while so didn't know anyone had replied. Really appreciate your comments and I will take a look at the Wokingham Council website. Thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now