Moving to Berkshire (and the UK) - where to live?

(3 Posts)
newscribe Fri 19-Aug-16 09:21:32

Hi everyone - We are moving back to the UK after 7 years abroad and we will move to Berkshire as we are hoping to get our sons (9 and 7) into either Lambrook or Eagle House. We don't know Berkshire that well however, having lived in London before we moved abroad. We don't need to commute to London now though for our jobs. Any advice on nice medium-big villages/towns/areas for us to look? And any views on the schools we are looking at? Should we consider others too? Looking for mixed schools, senior aims are Wellington and/or Charterhouse. Thank you!

Duckstar Fri 19-Aug-16 12:16:07

I'm in Maidenhead. I actually love the town great community, but town centre needs some improvement. We are based here as we need to go to London. If you don't need the train into London there are some lovely villages. My children don't go to Lambrook, but have friends there and they are very happy. Holyport is very nice. Village south of Maidenhead lovely green and you are not too far from Windsor. I

newscribe Fri 19-Aug-16 13:00:45

Thanks so much Duckstar and AllMyFriendsAreWasted, I will definitely have a look at Holyport and Winkfield when we arrive in the UK. We are still waiting to hear on places so I need to look at areas that are also reachable for Eagle House. We haven't lived in the countryside before so a bit nervous about the move and so would veer more towards a larger/busier village or town. Ascot might be too far for Eagle House? Someone mentioned about looking further towards Hook or around there - any mums knowledgeable about that area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now