Local Talk

Any expecting your first?

(10 Posts)
fl0b0t Sun 27-Jan-13 13:06:13

Hi all
Anyone here expecting their first baby and looking for some new mummy friends?

I'm almost 6wks, so providing all goes well I'm due Sept 2013. Struggling to keep my gob shut about it all, and looking for people to swap "too tired to exist" and "so sick I can't get up" stories to spare my husband!!
smile

Pb1407 Fri 08-Feb-13 08:38:00

Hi, congratulations! I am also expecting my first, 11 weeks now and am bursting to tell people smile
I've not lived in the area all that long so would love to meet some new mums.
Am also looking for some pregnancy yoga or pilates classes that are in the evenings as I'm still at work, have you come across any good ones?
Penny smile

fl0b0t Mon 11-Feb-13 11:39:55

Hi Penny, I was beginning to think this bench was going to stay empty for ages!

I'm 8 weeks today, so a little behind you (and suffering!!)- but congratulations! I'm in Bracknell area- where are you? Depends a little where you live- I think there's lots of pregnancy yoga in Reading area, but haven't looked it up yet. I'd like to go back to my normal yoga class as I love my yoga teacher but I don't think she does any pregnancy classes. When I'm feeling a bit better I'd love to make it along to a class though- let me know if you find anything good!

Mazzy81 Sun 24-Feb-13 01:10:13

I'm a bit ahead of you all at 31 weeks! Woohoo! smile I'm attending the gently strong yoga class in reading. I've only been once so far- but so far so good x

fl0b0t Fri 01-Mar-13 19:25:27

31 weeks wow!!

How are you getting on with it? Any good pregnancy services in the area? Did you do NCT?! xx

Mazzy81 Mon 04-Mar-13 00:06:12

All going well! Time really speeds up when you approach and get to the third tri! smile I'm starting my NCT class in mid- march. Haven't really got involved in any pregnancy services/ classes apart from yoga- which I haven't found overly useful if I'm honest! I've heard there's a great aqua natal class at royal Berks- might give it a go. Have u got morning sickness? Urge the first tri was hell for me! Lol

fl0b0t Mon 04-Mar-13 16:14:22

Yes- been very sick (boo!) and still on medication (but finally got my scan date- I'll be at Frimley Park rather than Royal Berks)..... Decided not to do NCT I think, as it's a bit expensive but would love to start aquanatal and pregnancy yoga when I'm feeling a bit less sick!

Mazzy81 Tue 05-Mar-13 13:25:22

Yea NCT is expensive- but I've heard it's really good, especially for meeting new parents in your area. All of the people I know who have been to NCT still keep I'm touch with their group which I think is nice and a big draw for me

Beanoak Tue 05-Mar-13 21:02:35

You don't have to do the antenatal classes to make NCT friends. A lot of places have NCT coffee groups you can join after your baby is born and for free.

fl0b0t Wed 06-Mar-13 14:11:39

That sounds good- though I'd definitely like to meet some other mummies-to-be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now