Longlands Primary School

(4 Posts)
PeaBaby Fri 09-May-14 20:51:06

I wonder if anyone can help. We are currently looking at moving into the area and the house we are interested in will mean we are within the catchment area for Longlands Primary School. The most recent Ofsted report for the school says it 'Requires Improvement'. I know that Ofsted can't always be taken as gospel, so I was hoping there might be some parents on here with first hand experience of the school? My DS would be starting school next year, so there is definitely some time to allow for improvements to be made, but scary to think we'd be stuck with that school if things don't improve!

So thoughts? Any input would be brilliant. Also any thoughts on the general area?

P x

GJLee Sat 14-Jun-14 08:01:17

Hi, my mum is a TA at Longlands, they have a new head and by all accounts she is working wonders there, I think she has been there since before Christmas, she has brought fresh new ideas,and from what I've been told the kids really like her. The school also had a new block bulit. So It is on the turn around it has improved already, so should be greatly improved by next year. I hope I've helped.

sidcup65 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:31:14

Don't let the Ofsed report put you off my son is in Year 6. It is a lovely caring school with dedicated and long serving staff. The building has been recently revamped and extended with excellent facilities like a sensory room. We have been very happy with the school and the education our son has received there. My son will really miss it when he leaves shortly. Hope this helps smile

sidcup65 Sun 20-Jul-14 21:48:39

Sorry just noticed you asked for thoughts on area too. We moved here 14 years ago from quite central London. We really like it. Roads are not too busy. schools are good, parks well kept, good variety of local shops, good transport links with A20 & A2, M25 nearby, good commute to London on train so all good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now