Local Talk

School choices! Erith Help!

(10 Posts)
clarebear1 Thu 19-Nov-09 13:33:24

So ive just heard that i should be sorting my choices for primary schools, how do i know whats good schools etc?
Lessness Heath looks nice but i cant just go on that, ive not got any feelings of any other schools either. Please can you lead me in the right direction,this is my first time and im lost :-(
Whats your choices? When do i need to get my form in too?!

Bexley council has some great information on the school application process.
See here
Also there are links there to pdf files which list all the schools and shows info about how many children applied to each school last year.

I don't know much about Lessness Heath primary school.
DS was at Barnehurst Infants before we moved.

clarebear1 Fri 20-Nov-09 15:54:40

Ok ill have a look thanks.
Also say she gets into a school near me then we end up moving middle of next year, what will happen? shell still have that place wont she? Do you know if it will be really hard for her to move school so soon to everyone starting,or shell have to stay at the one further away if we move> hope that makes sence

If yo move it will be your choice where she stays.
They will not make you leave the school if you move further away.
However, you may decide that you wish to move her.
Be aware that you will have to check the schools for the area that you are moving to to ensure that they have places. If they do not then you will have to put your name on the waiting list and keep your daughter at the first school while you wait.

missedthebus Sat 21-Nov-09 22:25:06

Bedonwell good school-got outstanding ofsted-DD doing really well there.

charmander Sat 21-Nov-09 22:42:56

Phone up and go and look round the schools near you. It is good to read about them on paper but you get a really good feel for a school when you walk round.

You have until January so there is time to see a few.

clarebear1 Mon 23-Nov-09 16:06:51

Going to view Bedonwell, Lessness Heath and Belvedere infants soon :-)

clarebear1 Mon 23-Nov-09 16:07:12

Thanks for ur replies too

valleyqueen Tue 29-Jun-10 20:58:58

Avoid Belvedere. My daughter went there and used to be fantastic there are kids being pulled out left right and centre now. My daughter is yr6 in the juniors which is even worse hardly any of her friends siblings attend the infants as the parents say it's got so bad. Lots of bullying,low standards of work I could go on.

shanthi Tue 10-Jan-12 10:51:36

Does anyone travel from bexleyheath to sidcup schools? I am interested in car/childminder/nanny share. We both can have mutual benefit.

Let me if you are interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now