Local Talk

where can Grandma take the kids in South Birmingham?

(6 Posts)
grumbo Thu 28-Jul-11 16:32:38

I have my 3 granddaughters 8, 5 and 18 months, one day a week each during the holidays for some lovely 1-2-1 time with Grumbo. I know all the local parks, Mac centre at Cannon Hill, Hickory Dickory's etc but wondered if there are any unusual activities suitable that don't cost the earth for this poor pensioner? I am mobile within limits as patrol is pretty dear now. I took the oldest one fruit-picking yesterday which she loved but it was miles out and ended up paying £20 for a few plums and raspberries! (I love Mums net, wish I had it when my son was small).

Hi grumbo, cadbury world is a wonderful treat. Can be a little pricey - £15ish each but cheaper for younger children and discounts for family tickets. Lots of activities free chocolate etc.

Lickey hills is also great and can cost anything from zero to paying for lunches etc. That could keep you occupied all day.

If I think of anything else will let you know.

midoriway Thu 28-Jul-11 20:25:03

The Martineau Gardens on Priory road is a beautiful garden with free entry. There is a fab pirate ship playground. Take a picnic, there are no cafe facilities or any of that nonsense.

http://www.martineau-gardens.org.uk/

A real under-appreciated gem in Edgbaston.

pollywollydoodle Tue 18-Oct-11 22:57:54

wasely hills have a lovely playpark and a cheap cafe

have you been to the nature centre on pershore rd...cheap to get in and cheap meals etc if you want them

cat64 Tue 18-Oct-11 23:12:25

Message withdrawn

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 20-Oct-11 14:38:02

Nature Centre on Pershore Road?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now