Local Talk

Journey moseley to edgbaston

(7 Posts)
Elizabetheman Fri 26-Aug-11 14:37:29

hi, would really value help, we have recently moved to Birmingham and are thinking of buying a house in moseley, near moseley village, my kids have placês at edgbaston high school and West house in edgbaston, have heard that although its not far it takes ages in school time, can anyone who does the route from moseley to edgbaston help?maybe others who do the private school runs or for work?roughly how long does it take in the morning and how much quicker at pick up time?
Would really help as I cant just try it out as is the school hols!!
Thanks again

tiddleypompom Fri 26-Aug-11 14:59:22

Hiya,
'Fraid the rumours are true - nightmare commute in the morning (compared with actual distance). Could older DC use bus service? Having said that, anything is possible and hopefully someone else can help with times.
We're in Harborne - similar to Moseley (demographics, housing, high street plus farmers market etc) but much closer to those schools - perhaps worth a shufty before you commit.
Welcome to Brum and good luck with it all.

Elizabetheman Sat 27-Aug-11 15:55:58

Thanks tiddlypompom, we are looking HArborne too, but seems even more expensive! We Might settle for HArborne or edgbaston thou if school run too much of a pain, kids 5, 3 and 2 months so car is not much fun and we won't be able to chuck them on bus for a while! Thanks for the welcome!

MadMenFan Sat 03-Sep-11 18:56:42

A big part of the traffic problem around those private schools you mention is parents doing the school run wink The no. 1 bus service goes from Moseley to Edgbaston & isn't bad - when 4x4, BMW etc drivers going in & out of schools actually let the bus pass.

MadMenFan Sat 03-Sep-11 19:00:24

NB I get the bus isn't an option for your tribe at their age Elizabethman - any sway you might have as a parent re. school travel plans for those schools would be v much appreciated.

Welcome to Birmingham. Moseley's great btw as exemplified by Moseley Folk Festival happening this w/end.

Elizabetheman Mon 05-Sep-11 20:23:37

Thanks a lot, you right not quite brave enough for bus w 3 under 6, but poss for future! Do like Moseley, will have to see what we find. Btw agree 2 kids in a volvo xc90 or whatever not most efficient or community friendly form of travel, in London we used to lift share a lot which helps; although too many trips w 5 kids all under 7 started to affect my mental health...

sp123 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:36:30

does anyone know of football lessons for a 2yr old in the Birmingham city centre/Harborne or Edgbaston area.
someone mentioned socatots but i have left lots of messages but no-one has got back to me
thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now