Local Talk

Moving to your area! please help! stressed!

(5 Posts)
2wwmadness Thu 02-Feb-12 19:20:34

Hello!
dh and I are moving to your area next week from newcastle. I am 27 weeks pg with our 1st dc. My parents live in lichfield (Well gentleshaw actually, the middle of nowhere!) and we will move in with them whilst we look for our house properly.
DH works in the mailbox. He has been commuting from there to my parents for the past few weeks. He is leaving the house early (driving to cannock) and getting home late because of the trains. He works 10-7 but needs to cash up so misses the 7ish train by mins and has to wait for an hour! hes getting home gone 9!
I would like to be close to my parents, but would like dh to be home earlier more. So we need to find a house to rent in a safe area, close enough for DH to commute easily and as quickly as possible. Ideally,The litchfield side of central birmingham (although dh being home trumps closer to parents when push comes to shove)
Heres the wild card! I want to be a SAHM for as long as poss. so our budget per month is £550. I know, not ideal. but work with me here! I'm not expecting what we have here (city living apartments, high rise, roll out of bed into work) but I want to bring our dc up in a safe area. Preferably in a community thriving with sociable mums who want a new friend to neck wine with

Where would you go?!?

2wwmadness Thu 02-Feb-12 19:23:18

BUMP...

Tonksforthememories Thu 02-Feb-12 19:25:03

I would try Alvechurch or Streetly, Nice areas but not too expensive. Good schools too if you're there for a while! They're sort of half way between Birmingham and Lichfield, but closer to the city. DH works in the city centre too, and it takes him about an hour to get home. (We live about the same distance but in the opposite direction!)

LadyKooKoo Fri 13-Apr-12 21:57:52

Have you looked at Sutton Coldfield?

lollypopsicle Tue 17-Apr-12 16:59:17

I know this is a bit of an old thread now, but if you're still looking then I'd consider castle bromwich. Right side of brum, but good commuter time ( 20 min by bus) also reasonably priced but nice feel family feel. hope you find a place you're happy in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now