Local Talk

Hagley/ blakedown

(7 Posts)
Sarahr22 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:15:18

I know it's a little outside Bham but has anyone any views as to whether Hagley or Blakedown better to live and for schools? Have seen 2 houses and can't decide where to move to..... Thanks v much

cheekydevil Tue 23-Oct-12 17:38:27

Hagley is very much preferred as will be easier to get into haybridge afterwards. Blakedown does feed into haybridge atm but because of mass housing development going on in hagley it is feared that the catchment for haybridge will be reined in. Are you from the area?

Sarahr22 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:22:58

Thanks I am from Bham so know a bit about the area but its all confusing! :0(

Sarahr22 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:24:42

Pressed button too soon! Concern was that I have heard Hagley primary is getting far too big so wondered if daughter would be better in a smaller school but know nothing of Blakedowns reputation.....

cheekydevil Wed 24-Oct-12 09:51:16

There are good primarys around including Blakedown and Clent etc but Hagley is definitely the preferred option.

cheekydevil Wed 24-Oct-12 09:53:31

Are you looking at Reception age or older because you could find out what your chances are if older?
The school has been at this capacity for a long time now but the scary thing is all the proposed building that might happen as everyone's major concern is Haybridge.

Sarahr22 Tue 06-Nov-12 16:32:06

My little one is only 20 months so I am planning early!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now