Local Talk

Julia Donaldson exhibition - have you been?

(5 Posts)
Mrswilcox Wed 24-Jul-13 22:52:15

There's a Julia Donaldson exhibition at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.

Ive got three energetic boys aged 1,3 and 6, who all know Donaldson's books really well - the littlest one adores Snail and the Whale. It's threatening to rain - is this exhibition suitable (ie engaging) or is it quite a passive experience for well-behaved, quiet and older children?!

Mine aren't badly behaved, but there are three of them and I don't want to waste a day running around hushing them. Can anyone give me some feedback?

Mrswilcox Fri 02-Aug-13 19:50:46

Darn it, I'd hoped someone would reply. Am considering risking it tomorrow (sat) so if anyone has been, I'd really appreciate any feedback.

tiredanddangerous Wed 07-Aug-13 15:59:06

Did you go mrswilcox? Am interested to know what it's like. My 2 love Julia Donaldson but I'm not sure whether it would be easier to manage if we do it of a weekend so Dh can assist!

Mrswilcox Fri 09-Aug-13 22:46:38

We did, and it was really great actually. Even the six year old was engaged.

There's a section for each book - an empty Squash and Squeeze house, and a one stuffed full of a toy cow/ pig/ goat/ chicken; a fab Gruffalo set - lots of dressing up, and a chance to read each book in a Cave Baby cave or Stick Man treehouse. We were there for a couple of v happy hours on Sunday morning.

I definitely recommend. Was pricey at £20 for a family of four but everyone was having a lovely time, nor was it crowded last Sunday morning so it was a v relaxed event.

Mouthfulofjacketpotato Tue 13-Aug-13 20:36:14

We're off there next week with some noisy toddlers so good to hear it's engaging and interactive! There are some JD events on at Blakesley Hall too I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now