Local Talk

Charity Cake Request Carrs Lane - Any bakers out there?

(4 Posts)
hanette Fri 30-Aug-13 14:41:53

I make cakes each month for a fantastic homeless choir based in Kings Cross called the Choir With No Name. Here?s their website: www.choirwithnoname.org/ and a great You Tube clip of them performing, it?s only 4 minutes long and really worth watching: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjTe5DmGso

The choir is made up of homeless people who benefit from singing and are served a hot meal after each weekly rehearsal. This boosts confidence and brings people together in a community. I bake cakes each month which are used to celebrate choir members? birthdays.

The choir also has a branch in Birmingham which meets every Thursday evening at Carrs Lane Church Centre, Carrs Lane, Birmingham B4 7SX.

I wondered if any local Mumsnetters would be kind enough to take on the monthly cake making for the Birmingham choir? It entails making cakes and delivering them to the venue at 6.45pm (I think they are 40 strong at the moment but will confirm if you are interested). They need to be nut and alcohol free. If this were too much for an individual to take on, I wonder if someone could own it and enlist the help of several so it wasn?t too onerous. I know what a difference a really reliable delivery makes each month. I do mine on the second week of every month but you could arrange a schedule to suit.

It?s very rewarding - the feedback I have had is that it really makes a difference to the choir and creates a family feel which is the aim.

Is anyone able to take this on, and if not do you know of any local contacts/groups I could approach who might be able to help?

Many thanks in advance
Hanette

Mrswilcox Wed 04-Sep-13 20:57:32

I can't commit at the moment (am domestically overwhelmed at present!) but if others are interested I might be able to take on every third or fourth month after January...

Any good?

hanette Wed 04-Sep-13 23:08:51

Hiya thanks so much for replying. I've found someone just yesterday who is able to take tis on so the choir are sorted for now. Thanks a million anyway!

Mrswilcox Sun 08-Sep-13 11:14:01

Good news! Well done - it sounds like a great scheme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now