Local Talk

Harborne Edgbaston mums

(12 Posts)
manelmc Wed 14-May-14 12:51:44

Hi there, my name is Manel and live in Edgbaston. I can speak arabic, french and english. I am 31 years old and have two children: a girl (19 months) and a boy (1month old). I would love to meet mums and make new friends from the area Harborne, Edgbaston.
Thanks xxx

MNBirminghamLocalEd Wed 14-May-14 20:43:47

Hello Manel, and welcome!

There are lots of MNers in S Birmingham, and I'm due to organise a meet-up next week.

I'm guessing a cafe would be a good bet for you, or maybe a playground?

I've opted for Cannon Hill Park before now (has both), but am v open to suggestions.

I've got my 2- and 4-year-old boys with me on Mondays and Tuesdays and am free Wed-Fri. What suits you best?

Sala Davies, editor Mumsnet Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield

manelmc Thu 15-May-14 10:52:43

Hi Sala,
Many thanks for the quick reply. A meet-up in Cannon Hill Park sounds great!! I'm a SAHM, so I'm available everyday of the week from 11am to 5pm. Please let me know what suits you.
Take care xx
Manel

MNBirminghamLocalEd Fri 16-May-14 21:30:50

Sorry, it's been manic and I haven't organised anything yet. I haven't forgotten though.

Is Monday morning too soon? Maybe 10am at the playground closer to the Mac (is slightly more toddler-friendly), and then we can adjourn to the cafe.

Let me know! Sala

MNBirminghamLocalEd Sun 18-May-14 22:57:01

We're meeting up with the kids at Cannon Hill Park at 11am tomorrow (Monday 19th) - come and join us if you're free!

nkemo Fri 27-Jun-14 17:21:52

Hello Ladies
Can anyone recommend a good childminder in Harborne? Or else anyone know a good nanny/interested in nanny share? Moving to Harborne from London in August.

Many thanks

jacleafy Sun 29-Jun-14 16:56:04

Hello there!

Until end July, I've been adopted to the role of 'granny' by my young neighbour and her gorgeous little 18 month-old. We desperately need to borrow a child car safety seat so that I can take them - miserably isolated close to inner city B'ham - out to, eg, Cannon Hill & Sutton Coldfield parks. Most especially, we are really hoping to have a lovely day out at a playhouse this Thursday. But we need a child car safety seat. I can't afford to buy one, and will only need it for another couple of weeks anyway. Is there anyone, I wonder, who could possibly loan us such a seat this Weds-Fri or even until the end of July?

I'm happy to give you my details and put on a deposit on the seat if wished for.

In hope, & many thanks smile

nkemo Thu 17-Jul-14 23:17:52

Sorry for repetition but really need a good live in nanny or mothers help for my 10 month old daughter when I go back to work. Any recommendation please? TIA

Brummymum Sat 02-Aug-14 23:31:39

Hiya would anyone be interested in another Edgbaston mums meet up over the summer holidays?

Cannon Hill Park perhaps?

nkemo Tue 05-Aug-14 00:42:10

Yes. I would be up for a meet up in a few weeks. What days suit?

manelmc Wed 10-Sep-14 22:58:10

Hi everyone,
Is anybody interested meeting up in the next week or two before the weather gets cold?!! :-)

MNBirminghamLocalEd Thu 11-Sep-14 10:05:03

Okay! I've got my two eldest happily into their new schools, I've baked nearly 300 meringues for my brother's wedding, and now I'm just about ready to resume my MN duties properly.

It sounds like Canon Hill Park is a popular option? Shout out if anyone has another suggestion.

I'm free with DS3 on Monday, or without on Wednesday-Friday mornings.

Anyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now