Local Talk

Children's Parties

(3 Posts)
goalden1 Thu 10-Jan-13 11:25:05

Hi,

I am just testing the water so to speak with this query.

I provide entertainment for kids parties, and am looking to expand my web presence. I generally work with kids aged 7 upwards. Out of respect for the site rules, I'm not going to try and plug my business ore even say what I do!

I have the option of advertising on mumsnet, but my question is;

Would you look on mumsnet for party ideas?

Would this be a good place for me to advertise?

Is my feeling that this website attracts mothers of babies rather than children correct?

All feedback really appreciated so I can decide what to do or what not to do!!

Thanks

FunAtTheBarber Thu 25-Jul-13 01:01:52

I would say that this website attracts parents with kids of all ages rather than just parents of babies - increasingly so, and increasingly local. If I were looking for recommendations for good children's entertainers locally, I would definitely come here first and look at the local listings (they're free) and read the recommendations (get your previous customers to review you). If I saw your advert on the front page, I would then go to the local listings and see if anyone had reviewed. And if I were you, I would up your profile by putting an ad on the local front page (you have to pay for that - but it's not exactly expensive...)

BillyBollyBrum Thu 25-Jul-13 22:21:25

Honestly - I would check Netmums blush

Although I would use social networks to ask friends. Maybe when Mumsnet Local has taken off a bit more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now