Botanical Gardens parking Birmingham Warning!

(6 Posts)
sapphisista Wed 23-Mar-16 17:11:11

I took my 3 grandchildren in the last holidays to the Botanical Gardens. It was a very short visit as the children went to the playground, had a walk and then wanted to go home. I have visited the gardens several times before with them. I was shocked to see I got a parking ticket this morning saying I had overstayed in the carpark. It cannot have been for more than 10 minutes or so as we really were not there for very long. I feel really upset about this and would warn other mums and grand parents wanting to take their kids there to be careful when parking. It has ruined the memory of that visit now and I won't be going there again.

lovetheshires Wed 23-Mar-16 17:13:31

What's the car park rules?

Correios Wed 23-Mar-16 17:17:28

As far as I aware, (not been for a while) you have to input your car reg into a screen at the entrance if you are visiting the gardens to prevent non-visitors from parking there.

Presumably you didn't do this and therefore got a ticket?

sapphisista Sat 26-Mar-16 09:42:05

It was several weeks ago and I cannot remember what I did when I parked the car. I usually read the signs to determine what you have to do and presumably did what they said. The point is for others to just check the parking so you don't end up with a £60 fine.

KingsHeathen Tue 03-May-16 22:12:33

But, how did they get your address?

sapphisista Tue 10-May-16 12:10:08

They must have photographic records when you park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now