moving back to Kings Heath! Looking for things for 4 y/o over summer

(5 Posts)
knitter89 Sun 03-Apr-16 15:55:28

We're finally moving back to King Heath in a few weeks time! I've managed to get my 4 y/o DSS into a nursery and I'm now looking for playgroups/meet up etc in Kings Heath/Moseley and near by so - particularly things that will still be running in the summer - we had a really hard time finding anything for him to do over last summer where we're currently living! Are there any council/low cost play schemes over the summer for those starting school in september?
Getting so excited! :D

BackforGood Mon 04-Apr-16 00:06:38

Usually stuff going on at The MAC.

Council don't tend to run playschemes for those who haven't started school yet, they tend to be for older dc, and a lot of the toddler groups / stay and play / playgroups tend to close down in the Summer Holidays.

The Baptist Church on the High Street have a cafe with a play area which has always been heaving with parents and small dc when I've been in there for a cuppa. It would be a good place to head to, if only to ask other parents of places they would recommend. (I'm not in KH, and my dc are now much older smile )

CIASS (Children's Information, Advice, and Support Service) have taken over FIS (Family Information Service) and they are a good place to start with information about what's on in terms of playschemes and groups 0121 303 1888. Or they could tell you where your local Children's Centres are, which might also be another good place to pop into.

LJFL Sun 12-Jun-16 23:42:13

I will have some summer special music sessions close to Kings Heath this summer that would be suitable for a 4 year old. If you email me - I can send you the info when I publish it.

PrincessPurple Mon 13-Jun-16 07:40:43

If you're willing to travel to Cotteridge (only a couple of miles) there will be forest school in Cotteridge Park a couple of times a week.

musicbusbrum Wed 15-Jun-16 13:41:17

We have a fantastic Music Bus class running 9:30-10:30am at Edgbaston Community Centre! An hour of fun filled music and play with social time and refreshments at the end. A gorgeous brand new community centre and there's lots of parking on site.

We are running all the way through the holidays as well as term time. New songs, storyboards and activities each week. If you email me at I can offer you a completely free session smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now