Birmingham playgroups

(5 Posts)
Toodlehoo Fri 13-May-16 11:02:12

Hi everyone. I just had a quick scroll before starting a new thread and can't find anything recent. I have a 16 month old son and I am trying to find new play groups or soft play anywhere within his age range. I live in Handsworth wood if anyone knows anything nearby?? In the past I have been to central library for the rhyme group. Also been to stay and play groups in local schools but ds doesn't feel comfortable there. I take him to soft play areas and recently discovered funky monkeys in west brom which is fantastic he loves it but don't want to take him there too often as he will get bored. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

BackforGood Sat 14-May-16 00:18:44

I don't know that side of the City, but when similar questions are asked on the local Facebook groups, they get loads of replies. So try playing around with searches for your neighbourhood groups.

Or the Family Information Service used to have lots of information on things to do with little people - now been taken over by CIASS - here

Also <whispers> Netmums is quite useful for this sort of thing wink

Or, your Local Children's Centre

MomentousMemories Sun 15-May-16 19:00:11

Hi, I'm starting a play session at Tan house Community Centre (sandwell) great barr boarders Hamstead road Tuesday 7th june 1pm till 2pm I have put the age range for around 2 to 8 years to accommodate mom's when their older children/ sibling's are not in school. The first week will be a construction themed session where we will have sand, diggers, music, stories, creative and much more. If you think you 16 month would like it come along. :-)

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 16-May-16 14:27:04

Thanks so much MomentousMemories - that's really helpful cake

If you put up a listing by going here:

...and clicking on "add listing" and filling in the fields, I'll give it tweet for you.

We do try to add playgroups and toddler and baby sessions as we can, but Birmingham's a big city! If any MNers enjoy a particular toddler group it is always brilliant if they could add a listing or post a review - there's nothing like having a personal recommendation.

Let us know how you get on Toodlehoo

musicbusbrum Wed 15-Jun-16 13:50:44

I run a Music Bus class over in Edgbaston Community Centre every Thursday 9:30am-10:30 (including holidays) which has a really lovely group of mums and children coming along. All the children are currently under 24 months so your child would be of the perfect age!

We have an hour of fun filled music and play, with social time and refreshments at the end. There's different songs, storyboards and activities each week. If you'd like, I can offer you a free session so you can come along and see what we are all about! Just drop me an email at and we can go from there smile Josie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now