Looking for friends/activities new in the city

(12 Posts)
Joannna32 Sat 23-Jul-16 14:40:53

Hello!
I'm 7 months pregnant and new in Birmingham. Looking for some new friends - pregnant or already mums smile -could use some of your wisdomsmile - chats , play days ,any activities , coffee ,park , shopping any groups or classes - I'm on maternity already and feel a bit lost and alone here!
If any of you ladies are looking for new friends or some company let me know please or if anyone can recommend some classes , groups etc. I would appreciate it!
Cheers
Joanna
smile

BackforGood Sat 23-Jul-16 23:17:48

Hi Joanna, and welcome :-)
I'm long past that stage myself, but it might help if you narrow down a bit which part of the City you are in, and then people might be able to point you in the direction of things near to you. It's a big place so no point in people suggesting things you can't get to. smile

BillyBollyBrum Sun 24-Jul-16 07:48:04

Yes I agree! Give us a rough area and I'm sure the suggestions will start smile

Tinkleybison Sun 24-Jul-16 18:17:36

The previous posters are right - I could give you loads of suggestions for my bit of Birmingham but if you're on the other side of the city would be pointless. Wherever you are there is bound to be something going on though!

Joannna32 Sun 24-Jul-16 19:30:36

Thanks! you're absolutely right ladies I haven't thought about how big Birmingham actually is 😁

I'm in Sandwell/ West Bromwich/ Edgebaston area but I drive so I can go around smile
Thanks again

BackforGood Sun 24-Jul-16 20:39:02

Children's Centres are always a good place to start
or
Activities for U5s and also the 'Fun in Brum' download on the same page has loads of useful information in it as to what is going on in the school holidays

Days out with Kids in Birmingham is another good place to start.

Free things to do in Birmingham

Visit Birmingham website lists all the festivals and events. You can also sign up to the newsletters to keep you in the loop.

Free Film Festival in July

Nature Centre is a wonderful place, and worth getting a season ticket for if you are close to Edgbaston. It's right next to a wonderful park which also always has lots going on + and Arts Centre + boating lake + mini golf etc.

Hope that gives you a start. I'm sure other young Mums will be along soon to give you some tips about where you can meet others (although, CCs are a good place to ask)

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 25-Jul-16 17:54:25

There is a Facebook page called "Bearwood Parents' Network", which has a pinned post at the top listing lots of local groups. It is also a good forum to ask questions, as is "The Bearwood Page."

Roborovski Wed 27-Jul-16 16:13:55

I'm in South Birmingham and just had my first DC two months ago. I'm happy to chat if you would like to message me smile

I'm just starting to look at courses, meet ups etc. myself, Children's Centres seem like a really good place to start.

Joannna32 Wed 27-Jul-16 17:07:24

Thank you ladies for all the tipssmile I'm definitely going to look at all of the options and hopefull will find some things to do and hopefully some other mums to do it with smile
Thanks again and if anything pops in mind please message me ! Thanks again

Joannna32 Wed 27-Jul-16 17:17:49

Roborovski yes I will definitely message you with loads of questions haha sorry in advance smile
I'm just a bit lost in Birmingham and cant really find any pregnant women / new mums to hang out with sad

Congratulation on the baby! How is he /she ? treating you so far smile?

BackforGood Wed 27-Jul-16 19:12:07

would it be worth asking the midwife at your next appt, if she knows any other expectant or new Mums in the area who might like to meet for a coffee or a walk in the park ? Even if she can't answer you there and then, it might trigger something in her mind the next day or next week when someone else says they don't know any other young parents in the area ? smile

Roborovski Wed 27-Jul-16 20:14:08

The baby is doing fine, thank you smile She has had quite a few initial issues with weight gain, but doing great otherwise and is definitely worth all the sleepless nights!

Because of the feeding issues I haven't been able to go any groups or anything yet, so would love to meet some people with a baby of a similar age. I work in Edgbaston area (as does my DP), so would be happy to meet up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now