New to Birmingham and would love to make friends

(10 Posts)
lisa2104 Sun 31-Jul-16 10:06:13

Hi we've just moved to Quinton and would love to meet up with some other mums and kids. DD is 3. Also would please like some recommendations of things to do. Thanks xx

BrumMum79 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:04:25

Hi Lisa!
I'm just down the road in Harborne, moved here at Easter and also have a DD who is 3 in December. We moved here from London so don't know many people in the area either. Happy to meet for coffee/ exchange messages/ let you know the local groups I've found out about. x

lisa2104 Thu 04-Aug-16 09:05:21

Hi BrumMum thanks for your reply great to hear from you. We also moved from London although originally from Derby but dd was born in London. Let's arrange a meet up x

MNBirminghamLocalEd Thu 01-Sep-16 20:25:49

Hello lisa2104 and BrumMum79,

I'm the Editor for these pages and I've just organised an official Mumsnet Birmingham meet-up for this Tuesday, September 6. Why not come and join us? It's just up the road from you.

We're going to be at Birmingham Botanical Gardens, meeting at the lobby at 10.30am. We'll have a wander through the gardens to the newly revamped playground, and then head back to the cafe for drinks, courtesy of the gardens. It's free and a great chance to meet some other lovely MNers in a really beautiful toddler-friendly setting.

Click on this page and register your interest so I have an idea of how many are interested. I've had a few takers on the Facebook page too, so hopefully it will be a nice group outing smile

Me3Munchkins Thu 13-Oct-16 11:39:54

Hi, I've just moved to Quinton with 3 DD, 3, 5 and 8. Would be lovely to meet up and make some new friends.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Thu 13-Oct-16 13:48:26

My Older three are at School in Quinton (3 1/4, 5 1/2, just 8 and almost 10) and my Youngest is at Pre-School there ...

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 17-Oct-16 20:33:44

It looks like I'll have to organise another meet up! If anyone has a preferred time/venue I'll see what I can do.

A few people have said how much they love Cannon Hill Park cake...or would you a city centre gin bar suit you better wine wink

Me3Munchkins Mon 17-Oct-16 21:10:46

Am just waiting for a spot in Yr 1 for DD2, otherwise the other two are in Nursery and school too. Have you made friends with other mums?

Me3Munchkins Mon 17-Oct-16 21:11:45

Another get together would be excellent, sorry to have missed the first one. Look forward to what comes up.

Shashasma Mon 17-Oct-16 21:14:41

Hello smile I've lived in Birmingham for a while but recently had a baby...okay he's 1 now...but I am desperate grin for mommy friends to meet up with occasionally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now