Local Talk

single parents south brum

(20 Posts)
mimothy Fri 16-Nov-12 18:31:38

Just wondering if there are ant other single parents out there. It can be quite lonely at times , special would very good to chat to othersin a similar position. smile

FriendlyChilledCarer Thu 29-Nov-12 14:37:36

Hi

I am a single parent in S.Brum.

Looking to meet new friends.

tiredanddangerous Thu 29-Nov-12 15:50:05

Not a single parent but just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope the traffic round here picks up soon!!

FriendlyChilledCarer Thu 29-Nov-12 15:54:14

Tis quiet. Maybe people scared of taking the plunge. Tis scarey.

Non single parents may apply smile

tiredanddangerous Thu 29-Nov-12 15:56:42

Or people don't know about this section...I didn't!!

FriendlyChilledCarer Thu 29-Nov-12 16:03:26

Tbe very people whom I.formed me of this friendship bench have not posted yet. That was days ago¡!!!!!!

moseleychurchmouse Fri 07-Dec-12 19:39:10

Hi Im not a single parent but have a 7 year old and 5 month old and would love to make more friends.

You can guess where I live from my user name

TigerLily90 Sat 05-Jan-13 16:13:47

Not a single parent but mommy to a 2 year old & we'd love to find some new friends for play dates and coffee if anyone's interested? In from Acocks Green

mimothy Thu 14-Feb-13 14:56:34

Hi all. So sorry only.just seen your replies! If anyone is still around i'd still be interested in getting together. Maybe we could go for a cuppa in kings heath or somewhere? What do you think?i have an almost 2 year old ddi btw.

victoriac1980 Mon 18-Feb-13 22:40:20

Hi posted on a few links tonight. Moved to Birmingham
A couple of weeks ago and would love to meet up with other mums. I have to 2 boys, one has just turned two and the other is 9 months. So if anyone wants to meet for a coffee and a trip to te park with the little ones and give me the low down on the area that would be great. We are leaving in hall green.

mimothy Sun 24-Feb-13 08:18:44

Hi victoriac hope you are settling in ok. We are quite far from you (selly park) but not impossible. Do you drive?

PVSolutions Fri 19-Apr-13 12:14:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SlowestLoris Sat 04-May-13 10:01:30

Hi, anyone about? Single working mum here, south Brum, would be great to make friends with others in the same boat.

I've found a couple of websites for local social groups that look quite good, you can just turn up to events, but don't fancy doing it all on my own!

Two little girls of 2 and 4.

april325 Tue 16-Jul-13 14:53:52

Where about in south brum? I'm looking for friends too.

Mrswilcox Tue 16-Jul-13 21:36:36

Hello all, I'm the local editor for Mumsnet Birmingham, and want to organise a meet-up.

How does Cannon Hill Park sound, on Wednesday July 24? It'll be the first day of the holidays for us, and would be great to have something in the diary - it's daunting having six weeks stretching out in front of me!

I'm not single, but have three boys aged 19 months, 3 and 7, who are usually very good at playing with others.

Does that suit anyone?

Mrswilcox Wed 17-Jul-13 12:32:42

Anyone?

Mrswilcox Thu 18-Jul-13 13:01:36

I'll be at the zip-slide with my three, at Cannon Hill Park, on Wednesday 24 July at 10am.

It would be great to meet some other Mumsnetters, hopefully I'll see you there.

nidhishah Thu 18-Jul-13 13:03:50

Hi Mrswilcox,

Almost single! My daughter is 4 so starting school in september. Live very close to cannon hill and would love to meet up. What time were you thinking on the 24th July. I am working and my daughter is at nursery on wednesday but could manage at around 4 ish at the park. Any good?

Mrswilcox Fri 19-Jul-13 09:41:32

Lovely, nid. Will be there from 3.30 to meet you and any others that fancy joining.

See you there!

nidhishah Fri 19-Jul-13 21:52:27

Great see you on Wednesday. Will be there just after 4 pm. Nidhi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now